Latest Firmware Update for P4P - Apr 12

[emoji23] love it!
And like the None profile, to have the most natural video possible. Have been using Truecolor a few firmwares back, but lately has been Normal, which required very little post grading. I did notice some loss in detail I think compared to d-log and d-cinelike. Going to try None with -1 0 0 and see how natural that looks

[emoji23] love it!
And like the None profile, to have the most natural video possible. Have been using Truecolor a few firmwares back, but lately has been Normal, which required very little post grading. I did notice some loss in detail I think compared to d-log and d-cinelike. Going to try None with -1 0 0 and see how natural that looks
-1 0 0 is what I've been using. Do you have both Normal and None available? If so, that destroys my theory that they are one and the same, with Normal being the name on an iOS platform and None being the name on an Android platform. I just finished recording a video using D-Cinelike. I'll be uploading it shortly, and will provide the link when I do so, dance included.

I recorded the D-Cinelike video in 4K/60. I cannot view it with any of the media players on my computer. It goes forward, back, freeze, over and over again. However, after I process it through my video editor, it will appear without those flaws.

Last edited:
b7849d9ee928acea1bbd007c9928f56c.jpg

Yes I guess

b7849d9ee928acea1bbd007c9928f56c.jpg

Yes I guess
I don't see "None" on there, leading me to believe that you're using an iOS device. Also, you have 14 available color profiles, right? I use an Android device, so I have only 13 available color profiles. The one additional profile that you have that I don't have is "Art".

Yes. The one I am having problems with actually came with it so I purchased two more. The third one does not seem to have that error message or issue. Maybe my cards are just failing.

a2f92b906ef63c0a8d48a267c22a652f.jpg
Maybe, even though I'm unfamiliar with card failure. The ones I've had either work or they don't.

I'm less and less willing to give credence to reports that the P4P can't record in 4K/60.
I could not view this footage straight from the micro-SD card without it jerking forward, backward and freezing. I couldn't even view it after rendering it; the same affects appeared, but the 2-minute 4K/60 file was still 1 GB in size. Once it was uploaded to YouTube (reduced in size a second time), voila! People just don't realize that their equipment does not have the capability of displaying the footage "as is", and they figure it must be DJI's fault. They're wrong.

By the way, my computer is perfectly capable of displaying footage straight from the micro-SD that's recorded in 4K/30, and the file size is the same as when I record in 4K/60.

Here is ungraded footage using the latest D-Cinelike color profile, with a Dave Dance included.

Could you tell me what you mean by lost your "OA" ?

Thank you.

Bud

And this one is no different, lost my OA and control stick settings.

BTW there seems to be a battery update with this one as well, or at least in my case following a successful update I got an 'inconsistent firmware' warning in DJI GO as soon as I installed another battery.

Also Litchi reports that the 'bug' (that prevented certain Litchi modes from working) is fixed in this latest DJI release.

I'm am wondering if the new firmware update keeps your drone out a large stadium. Is it supposed to or is that on me. I flew yesterday at mid d1 college football stadium received no warning or alert and flew right into the middle of a 30,000 seat stadium. No warning nothing came up on my screen. Is it on me?

Stadiums are subject to TFR's for a period of time surrounding the EVENT that is taking place there. If there was no game, then there will not be a TFR. The TFR begins one hour before the game and ends one hour after it is over. It applies to specific leagues. NFL, MLB and Division One NCAA games and NASCAR events are always going to get a TFR. A regional soccer game that attracts 20,000 spectators at a major stadium might NOT receive a TFR.

There is no way this can all be handled through your controller's software. That is why you need to KNOW the rules and where to check for any TFR's that might catch you by surprise. The TFR will be for a radius 3 miles from the center of the venue and will extend to 3000 AGL.

Reactions: Bigbells
Yes. The one I am having problems with actually came with it so I purchased two more. The third one does not seem to have that error message or issue. Maybe my cards are just failing.

a2f92b906ef63c0a8d48a267c22a652f.jpg
Not sure if it means anything but I purchased one of those same cards and had occasional problems with dropped frames (and no problem with the SD card included with the unit.) I had it replaced under warranty and so far the replacement has been working fine.

Reactions: K9VXV
Oh, wait. You've got profile names there that aren't in the latest firmware and latest DJI Go 4. You haven't updated yet, is that correct?

Correct, I haven't updated yet. Btw I flew today, first time after updating to latest DJI Go 4 app on iOS, and I lost connection to my drone on 5ghz, and even when it returned to home successfully within only 50 metres away, it still wouldn't recover the connection in the app. After restarting my phone, replugging USB several times, until manually changing freeq to 2.4ghz I had no further interruptions. Not surenif you're following, but I was under the understanding that if your "HD" setting is set to auto, the controller should automatically switch between 5.4ghz and 2.4ghz, when it detects strong interference. I almost lost my drone today because of this. Had issues at 2 different locations far away from each other where there would not have been interference. Probably need to find the thread of the new DJI go 4 app for this one, unless someone else can explain?

I might have it all wrong here. But can't understand not getting signal back after being right above my head. Luckily RTH worked beautifully. Glad I wasn't on a boat this time!

Has anyone had any issues with the latest update that came out today? I am all nervous to update because my 3 week old P4P is behaving perfectly, lol

I updated my P4p yesterday, WHAT A MISTAKE. Took the bird up to 40 feet, the controller froze and the bird fell out of the sky. Called drone-world about the insurance plan I have. NO response from them, either phone or email. This is not good customer service.

P4 pro jerk frame

I will be waiting the comments of courageous people that have done the upgrade, I'm scared with every new firmware because if things go wrong I don't have DJI service in my country...
I did the m the april 12 updated and my camera point s straight down unable to move gimble with remote , not sure how to fix this but wanted to share if anybody has had my problem please respond back thanks

This morning I uninstalled DJI Go 4, then reinstalled it, and did not have the snafus that accompanied yesterday's flight. The camera status bars did not disappear, even after I briefly lost video signal. Once again, I recorded in 4K/60, mainly to illustrate to those who think the P4P cannot properly record in 4K/60 that it can indeed be done. As always when recording in 4K/60, I am unable to view the video directly from the micro-SD without it being herky-jerky, still unable to view the video without it being herky-jerky after rendering, but able to view it just fine once it is uploaded to YouTube. This is due to shortcomings of my computer, not due to any deficiencies on the part of DJI. If you can't view 4K/60 video properly straight from the micro-SD card of your P4P, it is due to deficiencies in your viewing equipment, not in the P4P camera or software. I guarantee.

I did the m the april 12 updated and my camera point s straight down unable to move gimble with remote , not sure how to fix this but wanted to share if anybody has had my problem please respond back thanks
Are you sure the gimbal is free to move? The slightest bump in the ground, or even a blade of grass, can cause the gimbal to remain pointed down on startup. I'm not saying that solves your problem, just saying it's something to check.

I am sorry to say that I am having issues with the new update. I just got my new P4P back for repair, it seemed to fly well so I accepted the upgrade. I am getting lost comm with the quad, but if I turn off all Obsticle avoidance the errors seem to go away. I also get periodic errors on power up 1) no. Camera display. 2) "Deserializer disconnected". 3). HW malfunction, contact DJI SUPPORT. It is possible that the copter had issues when I received it, but it flew fine before I upgraded. Any ideas are appreciated! Screen shots attached:
43022e4235edcc710b23b4b8f62f3ce5.jpg
463cce67b27114f5f8d690c4d5369193.jpg

I am sorry to say that I am having issues with the new update. I just got my new P4P back for repair, it seemed to fly well so I accepted the upgrade. I am getting lost comm with the quad, but if I turn off all Obsticle avoidance the errors seem to go away. I also get periodic errors on power up 1) no. Camera display. 2) "Deserializer disconnected". 3). HW malfunction, contact DJI SUPPORT. It is possible that the copter had issues when I received it, but it flew fine before I upgraded. Any ideas are appreciated! Screen shots attached:
43022e4235edcc710b23b4b8f62f3ce5.jpg
463cce67b27114f5f8d690c4d5369193.jpg
Your numbers 2 and 3 I never heard of. I don't even know what HW means. But regarding number 1, I recommend uninstalling, then reinstalling, DJI Go 4. It worked for me.

This morning I uninstalled DJI Go 4, then reinstalled it, and did not have the snafus that accompanied yesterday's flight. The camera status bars did not disappear, even after I briefly lost video signal. Once again, I recorded in 4K/60, mainly to illustrate to those who think the P4P cannot properly record in 4K/60 that it can indeed be done. As always when recording in 4K/60, I am unable to view the video directly from the micro-SD without it being herky-jerky, still unable to view the video without it being herky-jerky after rendering, but able to view it just fine once it is uploaded to YouTube. This is due to shortcomings of my computer, not due to any deficiencies on the part of DJI. If you can't view 4K/60 video properly straight from the micro-SD card of your P4P, it is due to deficiencies in your viewing equipment, not in the P4P camera or software. I guarantee.

Yes, could also be the sd card bus speed limitation. When the files are raw, they are uncompressed and simply too big for some systems to read and process all that information.

To put it in perspective, that is 60 4k pictures per second! That is a lot to process for any system

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164