Latest Firmware Update for P4P - Apr 12

Sorry I am so inept truly really appreciate all the time you are taking to help me!
You don't need to apologize for wanting to get something to work that you haven't yet been able to figure out. In the end, that's what we all want. We're all inept in various ways, even those of us who never admit it.

This is just a guess, but my guess is that for some reason your aircraft is losing the connection to DJI Assistant 2. Unfortunately, I'm not able to read the text on your screen in the picture that you posted.

In your position, I would re-install DJI Assistant 2. It might not do any good, but it won't do any harm. I would also try a different USB cable to connect the aircraft to the computer if one is available.

You shouldn't have the remote control turned on when connecting the aircraft to your computer.

If that doesn't produce any results, there is a "quick calibration procedure" for the vision sensors that doesn't require being connected to the Assistant software. You can find out about how to access the quick calibration method on page 28 of the user manual. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170314/Phantom_4_Pro_Pro_Plus_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: Bozz
Hi plz help , my p4p is getting weak transmission at 250m and looses aircraft at 800m (disconnects to aircraft ) then i have to rth. I have upgraded and down graded , reset to factory settings , anyone with sim issues that can help with a work around that can help.
Unfortunately, I have the same issue. I love this quad copter as I have gingerly learned how to ensure it comes home. But when I have decided to "let it fly" for what I keep reading is at least 2 miles plus, it ALWAYS loses signal, both video and control. If I don't hit return to home, it finally does, which is a blessing I guess. Now I am hesitant to fly where I should be able to fly without hesitation. I bought my Phantom 4 in late December 2016. I would love to hear from an authoritative source that this fix is the problem. I am not one to be gun shy but I invested to go long. This platform is showing me that is not reality.

Michigan Phantom 4 Flyer

Unfortunately, I have the same issue. I love this quad copter as I have gingerly learned how to ensure it comes home. But when I have decided to "let it fly" for what I keep reading is at least 2 miles plus, it ALWAYS loses signal, both video and control. If I don't hit return to home, it finally does, which is a blessing I guess. Now I am hesitant to fly where I should be able to fly without hesitation. I bought my Phantom 4 in late December 2016. I would love to hear from an authoritative source that this fix is the problem. I am not one to be gun shy but I invested to go long. This platform is showing me that is not reality.

Michigan Phantom 4 Flyer
I should add that the distance is less than a quarter mile before I lose contact. I also do all the calibration procedures and sensors before each flight, diligently. I am an IT guy so I follow procedures as a rule. I thought it might be the trees that got in the way but there are not even any leaves on the trees yet since I have last flow.
Just trying to be sure I am clear about how much I have tried, with all effort, to ensure it is not pilot error, pilot prep nor pilot expectations for far to distant flight. Thank you in advance for any guidance on what might be the issue.

Has anyone had any issues with the latest update that came out today? I am all nervous to update because my 3 week old P4P is behaving perfectly, lol
The only thing that happened to me in the 6 or so flights since the update is I received a RTH because of "low battery" but I still had 62% remaining , I never received this message before and cant say it has anything to do with the update but i'm just sayin..

I should add that the distance is less than a quarter mile before I lose contact. I also do all the calibration procedures and sensors before each flight, diligently. I am an IT guy so I follow procedures as a rule. I thought it might be the trees that got in the way but there are not even any leaves on the trees yet since I have last flow.
Just trying to be sure I am clear about how much I have tried, with all effort, to ensure it is not pilot error, pilot prep nor pilot expectations for far to distant flight. Thank you in advance for any guidance on what might be the issue.

Not that it matters much on such short distance but you have P4 not P4Pro right?
First advice, do not do calibrations before every flight. Not compass and especially not IMU and sensors. I do them when I update firmware and even then it is not necessary. Do proper calibrations once and don't touch it.
As for range is concerned try flying above open field with clear line of sight and no interference from WiFi hotspots or radio towers. Watch video about how to align antennas when flying.

I dont think thats it cause I flew with two different batteries this morng and I only used one for the update so I dont think this is quite right.
I installed the firmware upgrade this morning. Then, when I put my second battery in the Phantom, I was informed of a mismatch in software. In other words, the battery that was in the Phantom when the firmware was installed got an update during the installation, but the battery that was not in the Phantom at the time of the firmware installation needed to be updated. It took about 60 seconds to update the 2nd battery.

I installed the firmware upgrade this morning. Then, when I put my second battery in the Phantom, I was informed of a mismatch in software. In other words, the battery that was in the Phantom when the firmware was installed got an update during the installation, but the battery that was not in the Phantom at the time of the firmware installation needed to be updated. It took about 60 seconds to update the 2nd battery.
I dunno then

My obstacle avoiding turns on in mid air, about 300' above the ground, but nothing is around what could trigger it.
Before the update everything just worked fine.
Claus

Hi guys, new to the group. I'm curious those who say they're having issues with distance after a update are performing the same exact flight before the new firmware (location, weather conditions, same frequency, etc). I can easily fly 2 miles away without a single bar lost in clear line of sight without any magnetic interference (tested it in the middle of nowhere and only stopped at 2 because it was far enough for me). I get maybe 1000ft or less if I have any objects between me and the drone.

Well. Oddly I had a decent flight today. No interference or anything. I was high up but I flew pretty far and usually I get a little bit of dropout on the live feed.

Hi plz help , my p4p is getting weak transmission at 250m and looses aircraft at 800m (disconnects to aircraft ) then i have to rth. I have upgraded and down graded , reset to factory settings , anyone with sim issues that can help with a work around that can help.
Are you flying near cell, radio or television towers?

Apologies - yes I am running iOS and there doesn't seem to be any issues.

I'm am wondering if the new firmware update keeps your drone out a large stadium. Is it supposed to or is that on me. I flew yesterday at mid d1 college football stadium received no warning or alert and flew right into the middle of a 30,000 seat stadium. No warning nothing came up on my screen. Is it on me?

I'm am wondering if the new firmware update keeps your drone out a large stadium. Is it supposed to or is that on me. I flew yesterday at mid d1 college football stadium received no warning or alert and flew right into the middle of a 30,000 seat stadium. No warning nothing came up on my screen. Is it on me?
I would think you would lose signal once you went out of the line of sight, are you saying you hoovered above it or went down into it ?

Downloaded update and flew all 3 of my batteries today. Had one flight return to home at 4 min. Into flight for no apparent reason. 17 satellites so it? The other two were fine however my video quality is lagging on playback which has never happened. Using my Samsung galaxy s6 edge plus. Something tells me another update is needed. Don't know why they have to keep updating mine flee fine and recorded video fine out of the box 3 months ago. Now two updates later more issues keep arising. Pull your heads out DJI and get it right already.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor