Latest Firmware Update for P4P - Apr 12

So, please, battery need update or not ?
You have to if you did the update on the bird. Each time you put in a new battery it comes up with your banner to slide to update it.

Thank you. I have not yet upgraded the aircraft. When I will do I need to bring all the batts with me. :(

Hope so. Forecast is for the first nice, non-windy weekend in over a month. I have an Autopilot mission I'm anxious to fly but have been waiting for this issue to be resolved. Litchi's announcement is encouraging. Perhaps Hangar is just not through their testing and verification process.

Hangar had a post on the 12th on their site saying the newest firmware for the P4P has resolved all their issues. Their description on the App Store wasn't too clear on that.

I've been reading reports on YouTube that the latest updates of the aircraft firmware and of DJI Go 4 have once again changed the profiles of the color settings. One user said that color profiles with the same names are now completely different on his P4P than they are on his Mavic Pro.

I've been reading reports on YouTube that the latest updates of the aircraft firmware and of DJI Go 4 have once again changed the profiles of the color settings. One user said that color profiles with the same names are now completely different on his P4P than they are on his Mavic Pro.

I'd have thought the different cameras on each device would lead it to having different colour renditions even though the profiles are the same name.

So, please, battery need update or not ?

Thank you. I have not yet upgraded the aircraft. When I will do I need to bring all the batts with me. :(
Very welcome. And no, you can update each battery right on the spot before you fly with it. Takes only about 30 seconds to update it.

Glad to hear some good news about this update! ...Where in Monmouth County are you from...any cool areas to fly? I know Newark Airport is in that general vicinity....must be a pain.
I live in Aberdeen , fly around Laurence Harbor , Cliffwood, Keyport , Cheesquake , Monroe etc... I've yet to be hit with any negativity. I'm very polite and courteous to others and their property. People for the most are really cool an curious and intrigued. But There's a few fields in surrounding areas . Just always checking for no fly zone areas cause there's a bunch of heli pads around.

Reactions: Liveddica
I live in Aberdeen , fly around Laurence Harbor , Cliffwood, Keyport , Cheesquake , Monroe etc... I've yet to be hit with any negativity. I'm very polite and courteous to others and their property. People for the most are really cool an curious and intrigued. But There's a few fields in surrounding areas . Just always checking for no fly zone areas cause there's a bunch of heli pads around.

Nice, sounds like you have quite a few places to fly, I try to drive around on my free time and scope out some new interesting places I'm in the Bergen/Passaic County area ....Yes, I've noticed the same...people are generally just curious, I love explaining what I'm doing and the capabilities to them. I think once they understand the copter they feel more at ease. I have to say, I've made some new acquaintances and friends since flying.

Updated mine today, 2 flights for 20 mins each and no issues, did have to update 4 batteries. Only thing I noticed is after update if you go into the about section on DJI GO 4 it still says update available and if you select it you get a blue button but goes no further - anyone else seen this? All seems to work ok but did reset most of my settings.

Nice, sounds like you have quite a few places to fly, I try to drive around on my free time and scope out some new interesting places I'm in the Bergen/Passaic County area ....Yes, I've noticed the same...people are generally just curious, I love explaining what I'm doing and the capabilities to them. I think once they understand the copter they feel more at ease. I have to say, I've made some new acquaintances and friends since flying.
I'm originally from Garfield , how about Century Field. It was a real big Park area . Is it still there have you tried to fly there ?

Reactions: Liveddica
I'd have thought the different cameras on each device would lead it to having different colour renditions even though the profiles are the same name.
I don't know. The person who reported the information sounded like they knew what they were talking about. The YouTuber on whose video the comment was made is a member here and I'm keeping an eye out for him to evaluate the color profiles in the latest iterations of the firmware and DJI Go 4.

I have previously found that when DJI color profiles had the same name, they were identical, to the best of my ability to tell, regardless of whether I was using them on my P3P using DJI Go, or my P4P using DJI Go 4. But, I could be wrong. I uninstalled DJI Go 4 before the latest version came out, and I've been using Litchi. I'm unclear about how the interaction between Litchi and Go4 works. The way I understand it, Litchi is not entirely independent of the DJI control platform, even when the DJI control platform is not installed. Anybody know if that's correct? I'm hesitant to install DJI Go4 again onto my Google Nexus 7 II, because it will install the latest version, which might affect the color profiles I've currently got using Litchi, even after I uninstall Go4 again. But, I don't know... I'll probably get over my hesitancy and install Go4 again just to see what happens.

I don't know. The person who reported the information sounded like they knew what they were talking about. The YouTuber on whose video the comment was made is a member here and I'm keeping an eye out for him to evaluate the color profiles in the latest iterations of the firmware and DJI Go 4.

I have previously found that when DJI color profiles had the same name, they were identical, to the best of my ability to tell, regardless of whether I was using them on my P3P using DJI Go, or my P4P using DJI Go 4. But, I could be wrong. I uninstalled DJI Go 4 before the latest version came out, and I've been using Litchi. I'm unclear about how the interaction between Litchi and Go4 works. The way I understand it, Litchi is not entirely independent of the DJI control platform, even when the DJI control platform is not installed. Anybody know if that's correct? I'm hesitant to install DJI Go4 again onto my Google Nexus 7 II, because it will install the latest version, which might affect the color profiles I've currently got using Litchi, even after I uninstall Go4 again. But, I don't know... I'll probably get over my hesitancy and install Go4 again just to see what happens.

Are you trying to match two profiles from the different drones in the same piece of film?

Reactions: Bigbells
Running the update using the App sitting at 99% done for the last 15 minutes. Getting worried. Any advise what to do...
I just did the firmware update on my P4P, using the method of connecting the aircraft to to my Nexus 7 II Android device, and the progress was stuck at 99% for 1 hour and 10 minutes before I gave up and turned off the aircraft. When I started it up again, the new firmware was installed. This same thing happened with an update once before, with my P3P I think, about a year ago.

There are new names for many of the color profiles. I don't know if the changes are just in the names, or if they're new profiles. D-log and Cine-d are still there, but I don't know yet if they're the same as they were before. Gotta love DJI!

I'll be flying shortly, to check some of this stuff out, and to see if the connection problems I had with the previous versions of DJI Go 4 and aircraft firmware have been addressed by these latest versions.

Another day at work today with the new P4P firmware!! It's all good guys.
I'll bet a cup of coffee that you're using an iOS device to connect. I just now used the newest firmware with the newest Go4 on my Android device, and had various connection and display problems.

Help I am technologically inefficient. I did the new download but I keep getting a calibrate vision sensors with DJI assistant on pc or Mac for higher accuracy now how do I do that???

Hi plz help , my p4p is getting weak transmission at 250m and looses aircraft at 800m (disconnects to aircraft ) then i have to rth. I have upgraded and down graded , reset to factory settings , anyone with sim issues that can help with a work around that can help.
Are you using IOS or Android display device?

I see issues with Android but none with IOS.

Let us know what OS you are running?
Best regards,
Steve

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94