Latest drone status in UK

Reaction score
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere recently, a quick search didn't bring it up.

I now have my ifrst drone, a lovely P3S and am about to set off to fly it and hopefully not crash it immediately!

I heard on the UK news only a few days ago that they (government, CAA or whatever body is responsible for regulating drones) is changing the laws, but didn't quite catch the full news story and the internet is full of different news articles (surely not?!).

As the new owner of a P3S, simply question, do I need to register it, or do anything with it (legally) before flying?

Obviously I need to stick to general rules about crowded areas, no-fly zones, peoples privacy, etc... but I'm wanting to know if I need to do anything.

Please note, I'm in the UK and looking for facts, specifically about the recent discussions of introducing new laws and regulations about drones... Many thanks, and here's to my first flight!

No reg required in the UK. No new laws (It takes years for new laws to be enacted in the UK) Just observe the guidelines and don't become an anti-social flyer.

Reactions: omega1
Hi, I would strongly suggest you become a member of the BMFA. (British Model Flying Association) For just £33 a year it will provide you with 3rd party insurance cover up to a £25m claim. You get a great quartly magazine as well. You don't need to be a member of a club. Join the BMFA
They provide excellent support in any other ways. Strongly suggest you take a look at their page on the UK drone law at The British Model Flying Association > Info > Know the Law

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc and omega1
The news item you refer to was a report that the CAA and government have agreed to talk about changing the law next year, as above it would take years to come into force.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20