LAT LONG POSITION WHILE FLYING

Won't help me. I'm a Mac/Apple guy....

Did you even bother to Google 'exiftool'?

All the descriptions I read said it's platform-independent, and on one link I found instructions on how to install it on a Mac.

Did you even bother to Google 'exiftool'?

All the descriptions I read said it's platform-independent, and on one link I found instructions on how to install it on a Mac.
Nope. I did not.
Sorry- and thanks. I'll check it out.

Nope. I did not.
Sorry- and thanks. I'll check it out.

My fault actually... I went back and changed 'PC', to 'computer' in my first post.

I come from the day when the Altair 8800 was a PC - personal computer... well before IBM molded the term 'PC' to refer to an x86/Windows computer

Reactions: jephoto
The Lat/Long is also available on all recorded video, if you turn on video captions in the GO 4 app, and enable them during video playback on your computer. You may need to first extract the .SRT files, if your video player does not support embedded .SRT files.
If you use VLC, it will show the .SRT files on screen (you can toggle it, gets kinda annoying). You don't have to extract anything. Just toggle the VIDEO CAPTION switch in the Go app.

I keep the Video Caption switch on all of the time. Even if you don't typically need the info, the files are small text files and occasionally come in quite handy.

You can also find the lat and long by right clicking on your photo and looking at the exif data under properties.

Lat and Long will show on the video in Litchi, I have heard. But I know that both Litchi and DJI-GO4 will record an SRT file simultaneously, and you can then play that file (considered a subtitle) on top of your video using a video editor.

Video Pad makes it very easy. VLC Media player will also play them together as long as you have the two files in the same folder when you play the video file.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT