Landing of my P4P is slow and halting

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

I tried to get the txt flight log out of my iphone, but i-funbox says that "Jailbreak" is required. What do I do? Thanks!

Skip i-funbox and follow the instructions here.

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
OK, here's a log of a flight made with Litchi. Same thing happens (apparently) when flown with DJI Go 4. Thanks! DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

What are the VPS and IMU altitudes?
"IMU" is the altitude based on data from the Phantom's barometer. "VPS" is the altitude calculated by the sensors on the bottom of the Phantom.

you were flying with the gimbal guard on?!?

good grief, people.
Why not? This gimbal guard was made to be flown with, but the designer must have forgotten about the downward pointing sensors! If you've had a Phantom 3 Advanced drop from the sky because of battery failure like I have, twice, you'd understand why I would use a gimbal guard.

"IMU" is the altitude based on data from the Phantom's barometer. "VPS" is the altitude calculated by the sensors on the bottom of the Phantom.
That makes sense! I can now see from the second log I posted that the VPS stayed near 0 while IMU was a relatively high value!

Why not? This gimbal guard was made to be flown with, but the designer must have forgotten about the downward pointing sensors! If you've had a Phantom 3 Advanced drop from the sky because of battery failure like I have, twice, you'd understand why I would use a gimbal guard.
You're kidding right? You never fly the P4P with the gimbal guard on!

No, I was serious. What's wrong with a gimbal guard if the sensors could only bypass it!

In what alternate reality did you ever get the idea that it was OK to fly with the gimbal guard on? I'm guessing you are just trolling us as a joke as nobody would intentionally do something so ridiculous and foolish on purpose!

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164