LAANC

You cannot use DJI GO to get FAA authorization via LAANC. Since the process requires receiving a text message, it would be easiest to submit the request from your mobile phone via an app like Airmap or Kittyhawk.

You cannot use DJI GO to get FAA authorization via LAANC. Since the process requires receiving a text message, it would be easiest to submit the request from your mobile phone via an app like Airmap or Kittyhawk.

Thank you.

I wonder if its maybe because I didnt update the Precise Fly info.

I'll try again today, see if that works. I updated it last night.

MSINGER! Thank You for such Thorough Instructions on "How". I'm fairly new @ still learning. Your Complete, easy-to-understand instructions will be easy to follow & You will have helped more flyers to "Fly Professionally, legally & Safely"! God Bless You!
Phantom_Al

Reactions: msinger
UASidekick is the best reliable fast and easy to use all you do is file your flight plan and get approved within minutes. I just used it Sunday to fly in delta airspace and was approved within one minute after submitting my plan.

I would stay away from Airmap, Kittyhawk is ok but, UASidekick is the best.

I would stay away from Airmap, Kittyhawk is ok but, UASidekick is the best.
Why avoid Airmap? What makes UASidekick the best?

Airmap likes to gather your data and use it to further increase NFZ's. Just look at Airmaps NFZ map and then check out some of the other maps that are available.
I compared Airmap to B4UFLY in the area where I normally fly. The NFZs were identical. Got any examples?

LAANC is TOTALLY SEPARATE from DJI GEO FENCING/UNLOCK. LAANC is to get FAA permission to fly in controlled airspace. IT is a requirement of your Pilots License. DJI when in 'controlled airspace' will require you to get an 'unlock code' from DJI to allow your drone to take off and fly in these zones. You need to go to the DJI website to do this prior to your flight. IF you are in a NO FLY ZONE, maybe you are too close to an airport then DJI will not even allow you to start the motors on your Drone. Some pilots hate this as it seems like another layer of BS added to flying your drone. Seems like if the FAA gives you approval then DJI should. DJI is working on that, but its not ready yet.

Pretty sure you can’t do this on your phone. You might need a desktop.
Used to be able to get from cell phone, DJI now has stopped supporting that access apparently.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl