LAANC

I have a question.

So once LAANC is available for Limited Recreational Flyers. Will they be able to fly outside the FAA approved fields? Or is that to get approval to fly in those fields.

I just got asked that question and I have no idea what to answer.

I have a question.

So once LAANC is available for Limited Recreational Flyers. Will they be able to fly outside the FAA approved fields? Or is that to get approval to fly in those fields.

I just got asked that question and I have no idea what to answer.
LAANC for the recreational flyers gives them a way to request permission to fly in a controlled air space. They can already fly in at a approved FAA CBO site or as you called it field and in any Class G air space.

Reactions: Ansia
One of the more interesting answers from the FAA yesterday was where can a recreational flyer fly and it was stated as above but he also said you have to obey local, state, and even home owner association rules. It seems to me that the FAA is giving up a lot of authority seeing how they have the control of air space from the ground up. I see HOA's a huge problem.

• Wow
Reactions: Ansia
My local FSDO told me an hour ago that there will be a webinar about section 349 LAANC authorizations and new NFZ soon. They will be briefed internally on Monday.

Reactions: BigAl07 and wcw1223
One of the more interesting answers from the FAA yesterday was where can a recreational flyer fly and it was stated as above but he also said you have to obey local, state, and even home owner association rules. It seems to me that the FAA is giving up a lot of authority seeing how they have the control of air space from the ground up. I see HOA's a huge problem.

HOA's would enact some form of Land Use Restriction which has nothing to do with the FAA or airspace. The trick is "teaching" HOA's that they can only mandate what happens on the ground and not "over flight".

Reactions: wcw1223 and Ansia
Please point me to the FAA post verifying your information.
Thanks.
I don't know of any post stating that. The FAA representative on the FAA web cast made that statement Thursday. You can go to the FAA Youtube channel and I am sure the web Cast is uploaded by now. It's worth watching if it is.

I just checked and didn't find it but here is their link. It will be soon.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94