Just wow, skilled flying and catching!

Great video. And Teaching moment.
Important Notes: (besides only flying Phantoms)
If caught by the drone pilot, it's always landed in Reverse (right stick only). But, when caught by an observer, it’s landed camera Forward. As shown, water landings are doable IF done properly and lots of practice. If interested, first, try it from the bed of a moving pickup. Good way to practice pilot and observer hand launch and land prior to water attempts. Otherwise, they will be terrified when needed the most. Been there.
Thanks for the video, expains the concept better than my earlier posts and descriptions.?

Reactions: ron-ep
Truly amazing - thank you for sharing. I too always hand catch my Phantom 4 but I am not stood on a pitching wet deck in a 30 Knt wind! Brave, very brave.

Reactions: Alex Baxter
Suggest wearing a shoulder harness for the remote when attempting water catches. Better than a lanyard. Helps with one hand flight.

Just Wow! pretty much says it all not only for the flying and catching, but for that whole Ocean Race.

Great share! im surprised non of the Phantoms had on some type of wet suit considering the weather, splashes and just overall surroundings.

Unbelievable - didn't think this was possible! Hand catch from a fast moving yacht! Thanks very much for sharing - should be on a TV program.

that's why I move to phantom. Really skilled guys for amazing shots.

Great video. And Teaching moment.
Important Notes: (besides only flying Phantoms)
If caught by the drone pilot, it's always landed in Reverse (right stick only). But, when caught by an observer, it’s landed camera Forward. As shown, water landings are doable IF done properly and lots of practice. If interested, first, try it from the bed of a moving pickup. Good way to practice pilot and observer hand launch and land prior to water attempts. Otherwise, they will be terrified when needed the most. Been there.
Thanks for the video, expains the concept better than my earlier posts and descriptions.?
Phantom legs are great 'handles'. I hand catch my Mavic too, but on a difficulty scale, I'd say it's multiples more fraught, and I would wear welding gloves for this sort of catch and be reasonably certain of failure... I'd be throwing up on a yacht in any case, despite my 10 years in the the merchant navy.

As always we only see the good takes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic