Just scared the hell out of myself!! Help appreciated!

Ha.. OK.. Must be because there wasn't enough light for the obstacle avoidance to work correctly then. I've never flown when it was really dark. I live in the country and there are no street lights to brighten things up, so I stay on the ground after sunset.

Reactions: sla70r
When you are hovering close to the ground there is a situation called ground effect. This happens when the rota wash from the aircraft hits the ground and curls back up towards the aircraft causing unstable air. This in turn can make the aircraft unstable were as it will lift and lower irractically. Air temperature, humidity altitude all play there part. I would suggest you take your aircraft out at varying times of the day and different temperatures and experience just how it will behave in ground effect. Knowledge is power happy flying

What proof is there that it's the app causing all these "problems". Has anyone found a single one of the issues mentioned, happening on a Phantom 4 Pro Plus? I haven't heard a single issue like any of those described here. Any and all of these issue could be caused by the mobile device being used on the Phantom 4 or Phantom 4 Pro.

I don't believe for a second that the problem is with the actual Phantom itself. I think the issues are in the variety of mobile devices used.

Bud

2.9 stars in the play store might say otherwise. I've never seen so many 1 star reviews for an app. I personally haven't used it though. V3 had been fine for me.
28c2846c0ccf3ef39a88a06587fe844a.jpg

OA is disabled by app if ambient light is insufficient. So thats normal behaviour.
OA and VS will be disabled.

OA is disabled by app if ambient light is insufficient. So thats normal behaviour.
OA and VS will be disabled.

I'm actually pretty paranoid about doing any night flights because of my initial experience. My drone performs flawlessly during the day. I guess if I ever see the ambient light warning it's just a sign to stay grounded. But, if I was to increase altitude at night with an ambient light warning, would I still see strange behavior? Or do you think it was because I was so low? How are there all these great night videos if the craft has a tough time detecting its surroundings at night?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl