Just ordered me a P2...

congrats to the OP.

i just got a P2 H4-3D about a month ago.

so far, i have put custom landing skids on it and invested another $300 in FPV parts and Flytrex Core flight recorder. once i get my black pearl monitor, my FPV will be fully operational. i also want to add waypoint flying in the future.

by the time i am done i will have around $1700 invested :eek:

its a great hobby, i love it !!!!

It will cost you between $250-$350 for FPV system and you will have a better system then a vision+
I think the only advantage over the Vision+ is the image resolution.
On the down side, you are adding more weight to your Phantom, so less flight time. And you need a dedicated screen, you can't use your tablet or phone to view the image and control the gimbal. you cannot also change settings on the camera.
And if you want to control the up & down motion of the camera, you need to hack your remote and add a control lever for the gimbal.
If you want the all important Telemetry Data on-screen you need to spend more $.
And, correct me if I'm wrong: you can't start/stop video recording or take pictures remotely with that system, can you?

So, I don't think that adding all those downsides its better than the Vision+. If they fully integrated the gopro as the 3DR Solo, then yes that would be better.

I still like the gopro over the Vision+ camera, that is one of the reasons I've made the mod. But this way I have the best of both worlds.

Now you should take it one step further and change the GP's lens and get rid of that fisheye. Go with a peau productions 5.4mm f/2.5 lens I have it on mine works great.
reviews on the peau productions 5.4mm say its quality is way less than the original lens. And shooting at 4k and using only 1080, you can defenetly de-fish eye by software and loose no quality.
And there are many situations where the wide angle fisheye is a plus.

The quality of the lens is great and I have not seen any reports that mention the lens was worst then the original. You no longer have different shooting angles (ultra wide, medium and narrow) with the 5.4mm plus the fact that you do not have to get close to the subject because of the magnification of the lens. It's easy to replace the lens and it doesn't weigh any more then the original.

Last edited:
It will cost you between $250-$350 for FPV system and you will have a better system then a vision+

I'm sure that eventually I'll invest in the FPV, probably with pretty much what you have in your sig. But I'll take that wait time and really learn how to fly this thing. Not sure why, but for me it seems easy to fly right out of the box. I still get nervous about flying it too high though... lol...

I'm sure that eventually I'll invest in the FPV, probably with pretty much what you have in your sig. But I'll take that wait time and really learn how to fly this thing. Not sure why, but for me it seems easy to fly right out of the box. I still get nervous about flying it too high though... lol...

If you keep it within VLOS and away from object like trees you be ok. The one thing I will recommend is that you learn to fly without the gimbal and camera until you either get longer landing gear or snap on extensions as that equipment is less then a quarter inch off the ground. One hard landing can cause damage to the gimbal, camera or both and can cost between $290-$790 to replace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20