Just lost pro 3 in the ocean.

No I have not updated because to date I have not had any issues at all. The only one issue that might be a issue is about 3 days ago I got a critical low battery warning and it had been low on battery before I took off.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
That is curious...and has me wondering if you updated your DJI go app....the reason I ask is because I am trying to determine what is causing all of this trouble..is it the firmware...the updated app?? or a combination of the two??...DJI wont tell us...they claim no knowledge or a hardware issue ...but the personal data from pilots leads me to believe otherwise....at this point I have very little faith in DJI...and they did that to themselves by not being transparent.

You say don't fly over water? What difference would it have made if it dropped from the sky at 150' onto solid ground? My understanding is fly it wherever you want when it's ready to come down it's gone regardless. Sorry for your loss.

So now I'm looking for input..do I go ahead and just order the inspire? Or do I order just the Unit because I have everything else?

isn't no problem
So now I'm looking for input..do I go ahead and just order the inspire? Or do I order just the Unit because I have everything else?

first you take out wife and order her nice diner then order new bird

Bummer for you, I don't want to imagine the feeling of losing a P3A. I figure if I'm 80ft off the ground it would be a write off anyway if it dropped .... so why not push it over water. At least no one gets hurt.
Agreed...I figured if Im 200-300ft up and it comes down its toast anyway...regardless if your a mile out or 200ft away...

Reactions: flpholt
You can get just the bird for a decent price if you look around. Cookie Electronics on ebay puts the full kit P3A on sale on ebay for a really good price of $599. Just gotta keep an eye on it, they just had it yesterday.

Edit:
Wasn't one of the problems with earlier FW versions that when it saw a drop in battery power after starting with less than 100%, it would shut off the motors?

Just got home from the beach. I am working to get the file uploaded. As far as the not being over water. My buddy was flying and something similar happened. His fell from about 250 ft up and it fell into some bushes. Luck..maybe so. But he did break some parts but was back flying within a few weeks. Is this a once in a lifetime thing..maybe so. But i can tell you from experience today that seeing it drop into the ocean with no easy possible way of getting it back was just too hard on my stomach. Dont take the advice. its ok I was just trying to vent. it seems like some folks on here understand my pain. It just felt good to get it out and maybe something might help someone else.

Flying over water makes no difference.
I just flew my p3p out about 200 ft off the deck and over the ocean about 150 ft. It was doing great and then all of a sudden it lost power. It plunged into the ocean like I have never seen before. My heart skipped a beat. I saved and saved for this thing and eventually had to trade a truck to get one. It was too far out to swim for it. My wife is extremely mad and I'm hoping it washes up on shore tonight and I can retrieve it tomorrow. This post was really to let people know...it doesn't matter how much you trust your drone. If you want to keep it..don't go over water.

Flying over water makes no difference.
Not sure you read my whole post. If I wouldnt have been over water at least I would have my drone in my hand. It completely lost power. Now it is at the bottom of the ocean

Not sure you read my whole post. If I wouldnt have been over water at least I would have my drone in my hand. It completely lost power. Now it is at the bottom of the ocean
did you load file to healthydrones so we can see what happened

Gravity will accelerate any object at 32 feet per second per second. So when you double the height, you don't double the speed you reach. So no matter how high you are, its going to impact the ground with the same force.

Agreed...I figured if Im 200-300ft up and it comes down its toast anyway...regardless if your a mile out or 200ft away...

True, if you could find it.
Did you load the logs to see what happened? Props on tight? Was the battery pushed in all the way? I was getting ready to take off with mine the other day and just happened to look down and saw that both sides of the battery were not clicked in place. I do not know if it would have caused any troubles. I did not realize that could happen. Two clicks.

great then post it should tell us what went wrong

Completely lost power seems unlikely.

That is curious...and has me wondering if you updated your DJI go app....the reason I ask is because I am trying to determine what is causing all of this trouble..is it the firmware...the updated app?? or a combination of the two??...DJI wont tell us...they claim no knowledge or a hardware issue ...but the personal data from pilots leads me to believe otherwise....at this point I have very little faith in DJI...and they did that to themselves by not being transparent.

Personal data from pilots? Most of the time you will find that data is tainted with prejudice, not many will admit to their own fault, it is always DJI's fault. Without flight log, it is all conjecture.

How can it be the apps fault? You do not need the app to fly, it is just a display. Relatively there have been very few crashes with the P3. Most were found to be pilot error.

But i can tell you from experience today that seeing it drop into the ocean with no easy possible way of getting it back was just too hard on my stomach.
Don't waste any effort or heartache on recovering it once it's seen saltwater.
It would have been totally fried a microsecond after it hit.
All that you could recover would be a $15 SD card and the propellers - nothing else would have been salvageable.

As for the flight record .. HealthyDrones will only give a basic summary without any details.
For useful flight data go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl