Just done the Firmware update

Reaction score
Hello all, plugged my phantom into the comp and updated it today, there's a few differences. The take off mode is good, smoother, and easier. Also switching the manual option off and replacing it with a fail safe which is very cool, can't stop playing with it ! And to regain control simply switch between gps and atti and back again, very nice, just watch your throttle position! Anyhow, need to do a bit more testing (playing) to see any other differences .

Cheers all

What a hoot! I mistakenly updated to 3.01 (as per the alert from the Assistant), then learned later that DJI said, in the fine print, that it wasn't for the Phantom. When it seemed there was no way to recover 3.0, I got really nervous. I thought my quad was belly up. The Phantom throttle no longer behaved normally, and the light pattern was different. Finally, yesterday, I found a way to retreat to 3.0 and breathed a sigh of relief.

Now, as of the past couple of days, 3.10 is officially released for the Phantom! My nervous system is just settling back to normal, so I think I'll just wait awhile now and wait for you more experienced folks to shake it down.

When I gingerly experimented with 3.10, the Phantom throttled up normally, but wouldn't rev up past idle until the throttle was half way up. Then it revved up very quickly. Someone posted a video of how this was a part of the new take-off assist, and showed how it would lift off and hover when the stick was advanced past 50%.

When I thought I was stuck with 3.10 (again, billed as NOT for the Phantom), I did an experiment sort of taxi test by lifting it off the ground a couple of inches. It did so, again only after the throttle was over half-way, and it hovered beautifully just off the deck. I never went past that point, since the wind came up and I quit.

The new algorithms promise some cool new benefits, and I'm going to read the new docs cover to cover before I have another go at it. I'm also going to read the fine print this time.

Cheers!

Gene

Upgraded too; Double checked I was dealing with the 'red' (phantom version) Naza-M upgrade; works great :) Big improvement in the vertical stability and control; Take off is smooth indeed.

would be great for future updates if the IOC channel could be assigned to gimbal pitch control :idea:

Yep, it's flying much better, just put a couple of battery's through her and she's like a rock in the air, hover in greatly improved and the take off is much smoother. And having fail safe in the manual position is hours of fun, it's the same as turning the radio off but I can't stop playing with it now !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1