Just confirmed I have ESC 2.1, here's my Serial Number

houstonpilot said:
HaM-73 said:
My box label has nothing related to ESC. Only Phantom, Camera, and Range Ext serial #'s.

Are you guys referring to the box for the motor upgrade, or the box for the phantom?

I did not upgrade. Purchased new. So personally I am referring to the all in one box my P2V+ v3 came in

I also only get the first tones and no 4-beep follow-up. My Phantom 2 Vision+ was originally a late summer purchase from an authorized dealer here in Calgary. The serial number is PH645202xxx V2.0. I've checked the ESC's and there is no version number on them, only a multi-digit numerical number(likely a part number).

I bought this bird used and judging from the condition of the unit itself, and especially the box, I'm wondering if it has even been flown before.

This afternoon was the first occasion I've had to even get it operational, and when the 4-beep follow-up didn't happen, I have to admit that it caught me off guard, so I'm keenly interested in how all this turns out!

P2v+ mine has no version number on the esc and my serial number is PH645406xxx(v2.0)

It has the older motor model with the thick wires

I got it used and it is a few months old and so far is flying great

Prylar Bek said:
MacCool said:
aartsf said:
This is the only picture on the entire forum (posted xx times) showing that. This is guestionable picture though. A picture without a story, showing seemenly non-factory soldering and a suspected soldering-drop nearby the sticker. MacCool can you enlighten us on the whereabouts of this picture you posted at numerous places on this forum without any background information?!

Nah, I found it on DJI. Someone posted it as an example of burned FETs. I happened to notice the same blue mark that I have on my incompatible ESCs. Obviously the guy detached the motors, likely the reason for the globbed solder.

It's a picture of burned FETs with a blue-marked capacitor. The picture speaks for itself. I understand that people desperately want to believe that their factory-defective Phantom is ok, but let's be real. The blue capacitor theory is ********. A rumor reporting a rumor. A guy posting on the internet about something that some "DJI tech" told a hobby shop employee. Even if that unlikely story was true, it's not like we all aren't aware of the widely varying information and ignorance that we get when we call DJI, right? In the meantime, we have a document, directly from DJI, that clearly states the markings and level of compatibility between various ESCs. You would rather believe that an actual photograph of burned ESCs with a blue-marked capacitor is somehow contrived, when you already have all the information you need printed on a nice, full-color brochure right from DJI. What is it that you're so desperately trying to convince yourself of? You're trying to parse out every little nuance from reported internet rumors. I can't imagine a more fruitless effort.

Here's what you need to know:

motorSheet.jpg

It's right from DJI, even before they came out with the new (current) IC driver firmware 4.06 and there was no ESC v2.1. And you want to somehow believe that a guy telling a guy telling another guy about a "blue mark" on a PC board component and then posting it on the internet somehow supervenes their previous formal corporate announcement about this very issue? Seriously?

This is the most logically written and correct posting on this very sad, long drawn out affair. We'll done sir. Luckily my email to DJI got a response telling me to return it to the dealer. I'm waiting for their preprinted UPS label and off she goes and we will try again with the REAL V3,with, hopefully the '2.1" printed on the ESC. I have instructed by dealer that he may open the new bird to confirm. My original did not have any indication of version and I like most here grasping at straws to explain 'why' no label. Its simple. ITS THE OLD VERSION, GOOD POST!!

"my email to DJI got a response telling me to return it to the dealer"
Are you possibly willing to share the jest of this email which triggered the desired response from DJI ? May go that route as well.

I've opened up my phantom 2day I have 2.1 ESC it's an older serial number 645398 bought on 15.12.14 in England from buzzflyer
I have no beeps either hope this is helpful!!

I just went ahead and ordered new V2.1 ESC's from Helipal. I had considered purchasing the Antigravity motors by T-Motor but after doing some research I felt that would be a downgrade.

My saga continues. Got an RMA from DJI LA and UPS it off. I'm still interested to see if they are the new motors,and if it is 2.1 ESC or not. Ill know in three days. Either way I bought V3 and I want it to be updated updated. Very nice CS with DJI They were very understanding and helpful

DJI sent me the following. I don't have anything to complain about their CS yet either.

W.E. (DJI Technology)
Jan 13 17:27

Dear ......,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

The issues that you're describing require for you to send in your unit for repair.

In order to be issued an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, we encourage you to call our support staff via phone to discuss your options.

You may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.

Thank you for choosing DJI,
"The Future of Possible!”

DJI Customer Service North America

Heliguy in UK swapped my V+ V3.0 'No ESC Version' , non vented WIFI - no questions, no quibbles - just gave me a new unit. Good guys.

Are the new motors on the V3 supposed to have the writing on the outside? I've got the V3 and the motors are completely plain.

I didn't know if the question was directed at me, but if it was the phantom I just sent back to B+H was a V3.0 with no esc markings, and the motors had no markings. But Im about to order from amazon DDM racing which has the latest v2.1 escs and the new wifi module.

It was Thanks. Mine is being looked at by the DJI techs to insure the motors are new as we ll 2.1 on the ESC. We will see

I ordered mine on 22 December 2014 from Amazon. The beginning of my serial number is 645413. The ESC sticker had no indication of V2.0 or 2.1. The wifi module was not drilled with the holes either. I sent it back this morning.

Me too. This question has been asked before What is DJI going to do with all these returns? Update and rebox to sell as new?

my serial is PH645442 v3 purchased 24th Dec 2014 UK- its vented.
I have yet to fly the phantom- as im beginning to panic!
Need I be worried...Should I remove the top cover- I don't want to unless advised to do so!

Prylar Bek said:
Me too. This question has been asked before What is DJI going to do with all these returns? Update and rebox to sell as new?

I would be of that opinion. Maybe not DJI, but the Amazon resellers. At the end of the day, it is valuable stock for a retailer. They can't just scrap it like many would want them to - that would be commercial suicide. I wouldn't think DJI would accept returns of unused goods from retailers without proven manufacturing defects.

I think that if I were in the market right now for a phantom, I'd wait a few weeks to let some of the old stock clear out. And I'd call the retailer to see how old their stock is before ordering. My retailer is a small operation - quadcopters.co.uk - and I have spoken to a few of them already. Personal touch is important as is trust between seller and purchaser.

But I've been lucky so far. My Phantom has absolutely no issues, but then again it is a V2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl