Just bought the P3 Pro!

Amazon and other US dealers will have them around the same time DJI ships from China. If I remember correctly those who waited for Amazon on the P2+ actually received them before direct DJI orders.

I have not received my confirmation email as of yet, I have one saying it's been received, and one that it's processing.

Just about to buy one, do i go advanced or pro. Notice the pro comes with a 100w charger for quicker charge times and of course the 4k camera. I only plant to watch in 720p tho on my tvs. Do i just pay the extra anyway to have more edit choices. Im thinking i need to decide quick before they sell out. All so does anybody know if i order from the uk now and then need to return it for warranty issues in the future, why would i have to send it back to. Trying to decide if to risk the wait buying from a uk retailer or just order now direct from dji.

Last edited:
Pre-ordered my Pro from Amazon...I did do the $162 5 year camera/gimbal accident damage add-on...

Just noticed an estimated June 12-15 delivery date so guess I'll be flying my gimbal-less +v2 for a while...

just got my order in at DJI , #858 on the list

Actually just bought 2 more (1 from Amazon & 1 from UAV Direct).

Let's see who delivers first.
First one is mine next 2 are for friends.

Amazon Email: (Lets hope so, but don't hold your breath)
Delivery Thursday, April 9, 2015 - Friday, April 10, 2015
Track package

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Drone with 1080p HD Video Camera

Sold by: Flight Techs
$999.00
Condition: New
Where does it show that you're #858 out of interest? I'm curious to know where I am in DJI's queue. :)

Pulled the trigger on a P3P from Amazon. Thought long and hard about just getting the P3A, but wanted the better resolution camera..

Yes I am 'coining' those acronyms.

Amazon noted that this product will be released May 15th.

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on a P3P from Amazon. Thought long and hard about just getting the P3A, but wanted the better resolution camera..

Yes I am 'coining' those acronyms.

Amazon noted that this product will be released May 15th.
When you say "better resolution camera" is there any difference in the actual camera between the two models?

Yes...that's where the extra money goes.

The P3P has a 4K camera where the P3A has a 1080p camera.
Yes I know that, but is the image quality through the lens, optics etc going to make any difference shooting in 1080p with a 4K camera as opposed to shooting in 1080p with the "Advanced" 1080p camera - if you see what I mean...

Basically if I buy the P3A will there be any picture quality difference between that and shooting in 1080p with the 4K camera?

I believe the 4K camera specs state shooting in 2160p.

UHD: 4096x2160p 24/25, 3840x2160p

It's the same sensor for both cameras - and the same resolution for stills.
Just one records video at 4K.
I hope it will not be only software because if it is someone will surely hack the sw to achieve 4k in the non professional version too...

Thanks - that explains it - I unfortunately just started a new topic on this but it's now answered - looks like I'll go for the P3A as 1080P is fine for me.

I just want to say thanks to all that have pre-ordered and volunteered for the beta test program. By the time my 2 P2's fall in the ocean I will at least know the bugs and fixes before I get my P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4