just an hello from the UK

Reaction score
Evening all,

another P2V newbie here (battery still charging post unboxing).

already i'm aware that i'll need a few upgrades. In no particular order

Different antennas to increase range,
Gimbal of some description for the current camera
Holder to accommodate v1 Nexus 7
Probably a gimballed go-pro at some point to replace the existing camera.

I'm a lazy technician (in that I can do most things when there's adequate instructions). Hence the purchase of the P2V. Soon as I left the deposit last Friday and after some minor research I realised the optics isn't going to be good enough, but the experience should be a hoot.

Anyhow, just saying hi, look forward to contributing

BMEWS

Hi if it helps this holder works for a Nexus 7 fine, the ball mount is the same as the phantoms so just unscrew and change over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 535
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 597
Thank you sir, great response and much appreciated.

Can I ask what settings you're using for the FPV on the N7? I've yet to actually test but have set it up for the 30FPS (can't remember the size 640px?)

as an edit. any ideas on a decent hood or something to help with the reflective nature of the N7?

thanks again

BMEWS

It works okay on all so far, I tend to use 1080p x 30 or the 720x 60 , also I capture in raw for photos, one thing is though, when I have done flying and uploading from the sd card , I switch off my nexus and bind to my ipad as I use that for editing and cropping etc, so I have not actually tested how the nexus handles 1080 video or raw files, if it doesn't handle raw change your settings to JPEG etc.
the nexus 7 I currently just have an anti glare screen protector on and it works fine with our current sun, and it streams fine after having issues with my iphone 4 where it was rubbish and lagged.

FlyingFox said:
Hi if it helps this holder works for a Nexus 7 fine, the ball mount is the same as the phantoms so just unscrew and change over.

Cheers mate, I ordered on Thursday for 5 day free delivery. Arrived yesterday after 2 days. fits a treat on the controller.

Really appreciate the heads-up.

Bmews

Geert said:
BMEWS said:
Thank you sir, great response and much appreciated.

Can I ask what settings you're using for the FPV on the N7? I've yet to actually test but have set it up for the 30FPS (can't remember the size 640px?)

as an edit. any ideas on a decent hood or something to help with the reflective nature of the N7?

thanks again

BMEWS

Hi and welcome,

For the FPV settings in your DJI app you can choose between 640x480 or 320x240, this last one has the option for 15 or 30 frames per sec.
I am using an iPad mini and I prefer 640x480.
But f you have a weak wifi signal or lots of interference it is better to go to 320x240 15 fps.

Have fun.

Geert

Yep, I too have set it to 640x480 30fps.

thanks for the response

Bmews

Hi Bmews,and welcome from a U.K. Member who's also a newbie and getting the bug real bad 5 purchase in the last two months ?!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl