Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

I've got some stupid questions

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by The English Guy, May 23, 2014.

1. The English Guy

And seeing as the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. Here goes.
    1/ I'm a absolute noobie to RC. I've got a phantom 2 vision plus would like to set it up to fly FPV. Yes I understand that I can set it
    Up using the supplied camera but I see a potential problem with that.
    2/ Think of this scenario. You are filming a car driving along a road and the phantom is flying off to one side. With the camera
    Pointed at the car I can't see what's in front of the phantom so fly into the tree that's in the way.
    3/ So it seems to me I need a second camera that is pointed in the direction that I'm flying and set up to be used as FPV.
    4/ I tried to explain this to customer service ( dji in LA) but they could not understand what I was trying to say. So PERHAPS it's
    my lack of understanding of FPV.
    5/ So if my premise is correct what camera, where to I place it, power it and transmit the picture back to me . And slightly
    Important what's the cost ( ballpark)

2. sar104

It's common enough on larger aircraft to have a dedicated FPV camera for the reasons that you mention, but it really only makes sense if the main camera has 360˚ pan. If not, then the direction of the shot dictates the orientation of the quad, and so it may not be flying in a forward direction and the FPV camera is still looking in the wrong place. Unless the FPV camera has 360˚ pan, which isn't happening on a Phantom.

3. The English Guy

So how do I take care of the issue ?

4. sar104

Scope out your flight path beforehand to ensure that you do not hit anything.