It went down and I couldn't stop it.

There is a large falls there in which the park is named. It is a nice walk down to that falls. The falls where it crash landed is Elakala Falls. This is a quote, “Traveling beyond the second waterfall should be considered for experienced hikers only due to the danger of descending the canyon without trails. The fourth and final waterfall of the series is considered quite dangerous to access, with no trails, and should not be attempted by inexperienced hikers.” I am disabled now and there is no way I could co it. It’s embarrassing to me since I use to be a caver.

There is a large falls there in which the park is named. It is a nice walk down to that falls. The falls where it crash landed is Elakala Falls. This is a quote, “Traveling beyond the second waterfall should be considered for experienced hikers only due to the danger of descending the canyon without trails. The fourth and final waterfall of the series is considered quite dangerous to access, with no trails, and should not be attempted by inexperienced hikers.” I am disabled now and there is no way I could co it. It’s embarrassing to me since I use to be a caver.
Fair enough. I have gone past a few of the trail ends here proceed at own risk no trail type signs on a few occasions. Its probably not a great idea even without a disability. If something went wrong it might be a long time before anyone came in looking for you.

Help in reading the flight records would be appreciated.
DJI sent me a replacement P4 for the one I had that threw a prop. My new P4 was built July 17, 2018. It died Oct. 8, 2018.
i was on my second battery With 29% left. I was flying in Black Water Canyon. Beautiful day. I wanted to take a still of the Elakala falls # 2. There are 3 in that series of falls on Shays run. It looked like I was over the third falls when it decided to land. I was going to come home with the wind in my favor. Totally LOS.Nothing but air between us. My cognitive skills are slower as I have aged. I hit the cancel to land as soon as I noticed it, repeatedly, with no success. I think it was in critical battery mode and I couldn't make it come up. The dreaded disconnect came up. It landed near the bottom of the canyon. I have read about people taking pictures of Elakaia falls #2 and #3 over land. It said do not attempt unless you are in good physical condition with good climbing skills. I think being a 65 year old disabled man rules me out.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
You’re Burnt Dude

You’re Burnt Dude. Pilot error,Critical battery should never be set lower than 30% And end of flight or Rth should be set to (hover)I lost my first phantom because I was just impatient and wanted to get out and fly and not read the operators manual.Got another one a few months later and I have had it for almost 5 years now.Its a very expensive hobby when you don’t pay attention.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl