Is wire mesh within cement/asphalt really a concern for interference??

Yes, it could be a mistake if the warning pop up because of being in a magnetic compromised area. But that's your decision.
It happened to me in an open field on the grass.

There's no need to be recalibrating the compass of a Phantom.
If it was flying properly last week, it's going to fly perfectly this week, no matter where you are.

I agree with you guys. It seems thats the same response across with board with many pilots...but why do you think that is? It must have some purpose. Does DJI just say to do it to avoid problems? I don't mean to change the topic of this thread but im just curious why so many agree with this.

I agree with you guys. It seems thats the same response across with board with many pilots...but why do you think that is? It must have some purpose. Does DJI just say to do it to avoid problems? I don't mean to change the topic of this thread but im just curious why so many agree with this.
Compass calibration is probably the most misunderstood aspect to flying DJI drones and DJI themselves are partly to blame for a lot of the misinformation and myths on the topic.
It took a long time for users to work out what it's actually about.
The first post in this thread explains what compass calibration actually does:

Reactions: ron-ep
Compass calibration is probably the most misunderstood aspect to flying DJI drones and DJI themselves are partly to blame for a lot of the misinformation and myths on the topic.
It took a long time for users to work out what it's actually about.
The first post in this thread explains what compass calibration actually does:
cool. Thanks!

Hey all!

Though I've never had any issues with interference specifically when taking off from any cement surface I do hear such stories. I do construction progression videos sometimes and always have this in the back of my mind. I never know where i may have to take off from. I do know to avoid parking decks/garages...THAT i do believe. lol....I've heard launching pads can cause issues(though ive never experienced), Ive heard to never take off from cement/pavement/asphalt. So what do you all think?...is it really a valid concern?
Yes Sir, it absolutely Will affect Some drones. I tried lifting off from the rear parking lot Late one night (next to woods) at a MD hamburger joint and it would not fly. Moved a quarter mile away and up she went ......
great photos of an I-10 exit rebuilding project.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl