Is this the dreaded stress crack?

I once installed the prop guard mounts. I now have the Strong Arm reinforcement plates.

I'm not going to say that "it's about as good", because I haven't tested them that way. But It seems to me that they will perform the same basic function in respect to reinforcing the motor mounts.

However, usual disclaimers apply over and above my "I haven't tested them" and I'll go ahead and add that the prop guard mounts were not designed to be reinforcement plates.

To the OP: don't worry about any of this. If you bought it in June, get a new shell or a new bird!

Stop drill it with a #40 bit

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yesterday I discovered very similar cracks on my P3P. They are under one centimeter long. Although DJI's warranty cover this I would like to wait about two months before sending it to China (I live in northern Europe, are there any closer repair centers?). This is due to some upcoming trips and family holidays at which I would really like to be able to produce some aerial content. Because of this I am considering buying the Strongarms. As far as I can see they would prevent further cracking, is that true? I really dont care if the cracks grow a little bit bigger during this two month period, as long as the drone don't fall out of the sky I am pleased. I don't think it's possibke for the P3P to fall out of the sky with the reinforcements installed, am I correct?

Sorry for by bad English.
Best regards,
Teodor

Reactions: Dounin Front
Thanks for the advise peeps. I've contacted the seller as they cover it for a year, though pretty sure they just send it off to DJI themselves. Don't want to risk it becoming a bigger problem months down the line.

Appreciate all of your input. I don't mind it being away for 2 weeks because the weather in the UK is so unpredictable I can go a couple of weeks without flying it anyway.

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt
Well after just over a week I've had my P3A returned from repair. I think they basically removed my gimbal and stuck it on a new P3P shell. Happy now it's back.

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just shipped mine,they paid for it DJI,stress crack after 7 flights.What a shame im pissed.

I'm sorry about this. An inconvenience for a lot of members in this forum.

I wonder if they (DJI) fixed this problem for good in the new Mavic.
We all thought the problem was going to go away with the P4, however members are reporting the same stress cracks in the P4 line.

Reactions: flpholt
I'm sorry about this. An inconvenience for a lot of members in this forum.

I wonder if they (DJI) fixed this problem for good in the new Mavic.
We all thought the problem was going to go away with the P4, however members are reporting the same stress cracks in the P4 line.
Hopefully they did,i planned on getting the mavic but if im gojng to have to worry about looking for stress cracks on brand new birds after a few flights,i dunno man

If it has less than 10 flights it's not a stress crack from the motor but a factory worker tightening it too much.

I had a crack in one screw hole, after only 8 flights and thought over-torquing is the cause.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl