Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Is this the best phantom ?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by FlyingFox, May 31, 2014.

1. FlyingFox

I have a vision which I love and have on order a rotopixel gimble, which is probably about 5 weeks away as I am about 200 away from there last shipping notice dated about two weeks ago.
    My question is , for video i am a little concerned over flight times with the extra weight a rotopixel will reduce,I am thinking should I go for a phantom 2'with a decent gimble I alreadyn have a GoPro
    I will have to save a little but I will have about £240 if I cancel the order towards I expect about £900
    What are your flight times with zen muse 3d or other decent gimbles.
    I have had no issues with my P2v I've modded it to go at least 3/4 mile so control or video should never drop out as I keep it in view about 1300'
    I use it for,video mainly and find when it's a little windy it moves about.
    Can you mod the wifi too range wise.
    Forgive me i don't know much about the P2

I don't fancy the P2V+ it's only 2. Axis and appears to be fragile although I don't intend ever to crash lol

Your opinions

2. tom3holer

If you already have a GoPro I would definitely consider the P2 H3-3D.
    I have heard the GoPro is better than the camera on the vision+ and you also have the advantage of a separate camera to use for other photography.

Tom

3. IrishSights

I get about 17 mins or so to 30% battery on my fully laden P2z

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

4. Garysam

Definitely phantom 2, I get approximately 14.5 + or -, minutes at 30% battery. Flight buddy has Phantom vision + we compare the two models all the time especially the photo quality of the Phantom 2 is definitely a advantage. His flight times are a little longer.

I have FPV on the Phantom 2 and 3D gimble so the little extra weight sometimes seems to make is a little more agile.