Is this P3 charger for real?!?...

You load all your batteries in, and walk away. Multi-batt chargers will charge them all in sequence. You won't have to monitor one battery, then swap it with another one, then monitor it, then swap it out for your 3rd battery and monitor that one, then swap it out and start charging your 4th battery...................

Nothing to do with your question, but an alternative to consider for charging multiple batteries.

I recently purchased one of the "Mudder Multi Battery Charging Hub for the DJI P3P"
charged three new batteries in less than an hour, and uses the original heavy duty charger for power, that came with the P3P. Very good investment for less than $20 on eBay.

You load all your batteries in, and walk away. Multi-batt chargers will charge them all in sequence. You won't have to monitor one battery, then swap it with another one, then monitor it, then swap it out for your 3rd battery and monitor that one, then swap it out and start charging your 4th battery...................

& that is it?

There are other (!reasonable priced!) alternatives out there..

(It's always good to monitor your batteries though!)

Never 'walk away' when charging LiPo's. Baby sit them for safety.

Nothing to do with your question, but an alternative to consider for charging multiple batteries.

I recently purchased one of the "Mudder Multi Battery Charging Hub for the DJI P3P"
charged three new batteries in less than an hour, and uses the original heavy duty charger for power, that came with the P3P. Very good investment for less than $20 on eBay.

I have a similar version. It will not charge 3 batteries in an hour. It takes about the same amount of time as it does to charge each on individually. The reason is that the charger only puts out so much power.

I have a similar version. It will not charge 3 batteries in an hour. It takes about the same amount of time as it does to charge each on individually. The reason is that the charger only puts out so much power.

My post was maybe a bit misleading, the three new batteries had 1 LED on one and 2 LED's on the other two. So was not a full charge into dead batteries.
GR

Meaning, what, exactly? I need to sit and watch all the green lights flash for an hour and a half?

Meaning, what, exactly? I need to sit and watch all the green lights flash for an hour and a half?

Meaning you should be around whilst they're charging..

(You can sit & watch the lights if that's all you have in your life whilst waiting to fly again)

Personally, I always like to be around whilst my batteries are charging anyway..

(I'm normally nearby making other checks, preparations or flight plans prior to flying)

Don't go to bed and leave them charging, or leave the house. A malfunctioning lipo on a charger can do a lot of damage.
Here is a google search of images of the result:
unattended lipo battery charging - Google Search

I try to make myself use a lipo bag when charging, but only do it about half the time - but I stay in the same room doing other tasks while they charge.

Any links to the eBay item

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just for clarification, I wasn't advocating it, only providing the requested link since I was looking at stuff already on Ebay.

DJI recommends that you not use their charger to charge a battery and the RC controller due to heat. Wonder what it will be like pulling amps to charge 3 batteries all at once... not just a battery and controller.

I would guess it charges the batteries sequentially, not all at the same time. If it does all three concurrently, it may choke the current available to each battery.

I would guess it charges the batteries sequentially, not all at the same time. If it does all three concurrently, it may choke the current available to each battery.
According to the description, it charges all at the same time. I've not see one of these chargers that does all at the same time but that is what this one says.

According to the description, it charges all at the same time. I've not see one of these chargers that does all at the same time but that is what this one says.

Lots of things get claimed on ebay listings, especially when they're poor translations from Chinese to English.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj