Is this normal for the phantom batteries?

Reaction score
I have ran my battery down to 50%-47% then fully recharge the battery(99% according to the phantom assistant)and so far i haven't had any luck getting up to a full capacity charge.I've read posts and watched videos on how to condition a phantom battery and that's what i have went by.Am i doing something wrong?,i ask because somewhere on here i looked at a post where someone had posted a image of their battery status and it had a fuller capacity charge than what the battery design capacity should be at thirteen discharge cycles.Now i'm not wanting to get the battery past the design capacity,i just want to get it to the full capacity so i can get a few minutes more of flight time.Thanks,and sorry if this has been covered already.

Attachments

• Current Phantom Battery Cap. 5-3-2015.png
    Current Phantom Battery Cap. 5-3-2015.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 473
Try this once you charge the and the charger turns green indicating it fully charged let it cool down while off the charger. Then hook it up again and use the startup sequence to top it off. See if that works for you.

I have ran my battery down to 50%-47% then fully recharge the battery(99% according to the phantom assistant)and so far i haven't had any luck getting up to a full capacity charge.I've read posts and watched videos on how to condition a phantom battery and that's what i have went by.Am i doing something wrong?,i ask because somewhere on here i looked at a post where someone had posted a image of their battery status and it had a fuller capacity charge than what the battery design capacity should be at thirteen discharge cycles.Now i'm not wanting to get the battery past the design capacity,i just want to get it to the full capacity so i can get a few minutes more of flight time.Thanks,and sorry if this has been covered already.

For a brand new battery, the full capacity is equal to the design capacity. As you cycle the battery, the full capacity will fall below design capacity, this is normal. Unlike other battery types, lipo doesn't have a memory effect. So you cannot increase the full capacity once it started to go down. A fully charged condition is a stress to the lipo battery, so remember to store it with 50%..70% charge, then recharge to 100% on the day you go out to fly.

Jason by start up sequence do you mean turning the battery on then charging? And antares the battery isn't very old,i bought the phantom in february of this year and it has never been up to a full capacity charge. As of this afternoon it has 15 discharge cycles,now i could understand if the battery had more charge/discharge cycles.Thank you folks for the help!

Jason by start up sequence do you mean turning the battery on then charging? And antares the battery isn't very old,i bought the phantom in february of this year and it has never been up to a full capacity charge. As of this afternoon it has 15 discharge cycles,now i could understand if the battery had more charge/discharge cycles.Thank you folks for the help!

Hi JeepGuy, you're right, the battery isn't very old. However, it shows 96% percentage of life, which is close to 4,955mAh out of 5,200mAh. Also, if the expected lifetime of a lipo is 300 cycles, so 14 out of 300 is 4.7%. So by arithmetics everything seems ok. You might wonder if your battery is getting older too quickly? May be. Keep an eye on this particular battery, and expect the assistent software will pop up a cell condition warning. This is the time you want to send it to dji for warranty.

Yeah i'll definitely keep a close eye on it,and thanks again antares for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20