Is This Fixable? Camera Circuit Board.

Reaction score
As usual I tried to replace the ribbon cable with no experience what so ever and this is what I have now. I lost the black clip that holds the cable down and damaged the white thingy that I can barely see.
650AE522-2558-49D8-BCD2-0B146A0250F5.png

Fly Dawg

"Electricity is really just organized lightning"
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I lost the black clip that holds the cable down and damaged the white thingy that I can barely see.
If these are like most ribbons, the black clip rotates and locks in. Both sides of the connector appear to be broken as well as a section of the center pins. You would need to replace the entire connector assembly IMHO. With no experience at such things would be quite a feat on your own. The connector would need to be de-soldered then re-soldered, pin by pin. You take a risk of lifting the trace pads with too much heat, and conversely a poor connection with not enough. It takes a very steady hand, a fine tip temperature controllable iron, and good luck to accomplish that. It can be done, but it is not easy, even if you can find the connector.

Reactions: Humpinit and Oso
Reaction score
Ouch!!!!! I can’t imagine how you managed to butcher it that badly without ripping the header off the board completely. I think your in the market for a new board unfortunately. While many have the proficiency to repair it they probably wouldn’t want to take it on because it’s fiddly and as has been said can take a bit if reworking to get it 100%.

Out of curiosity how did you manage this? Tried to lever the connection apart with a screwdriver?

Reactions: Humpinit
Reaction score
The assembly is fixable, but with little experience you are more likely to cause additional damage to the board than actually fix it. I’d recommend finding a board from another quad, or possibly attempting to salvage one from a crashed quad, which can be a cheaper option, but any prts from crashed drones must be thoroughly inspected.

Reactions: Humpinit

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeryslo