Is this battery dead?

Reaction score
Have had a battery in storage at originally ~50% charge. For five months.

Brought it out now. It showed two lights. Started charging. After a while it was now showing 1 light. Then turning off. Then turning on again, 1 light. Then off, repeat.

Left it like that for like 30 minutes, hoping it would come out of it. It wont.

Pressing and holding button shows four full lights. Then it turns off again..

Is this battery dead?

Indications sound ok and it shouldn't be dead, I would suggest plugging it up to the charger and turning it on (press release power button, press and hold till it comes on) and see if that helps it "wake up". Let us know if that works or not.

Have had a battery in storage at originally ~50% charge. For five months.

Brought it out now. It showed two lights. Started charging. After a while it was now showing 1 light. Then turning off. Then turning on again, 1 light. Then off, repeat.

Left it like that for like 30 minutes, hoping it would come out of it. It wont.

Pressing and holding button shows four full lights. Then it turns off again..

Is this battery dead?
This is an indication that one of the cells is going to die. Usually, the light corresponds to one specific cell. I had to return one of my batteries that got this very same issue.

Can I read more about this somewhere? Thanks!
This is an indication that one of the cells is going to die. Usually, the light corresponds to one specific cell. I had to return one of my batteries that got this very same issue.

The battery is dead. Has to be. LED1 blinking twice per second. Cannot find info on what that means, it is not in the manual. Surely because it means dead battery..

Oh well, these things happen.

5 months is too long... even though you had it at storage charge LiPO batteries tend to lose life every week....so best practice is to take the battery out charge it up and then discharge it and put it back in storage for a few weeks...its a pain but these batteries are expensive! U cant leave them without use for that long...for example with my mavic Pro I will use that little USB connector that it came with, attach it to batteries and charge my phone after charging battery fully, and then use it to storage voltage.... over the winter I didn't file my mavic for a few months so I did this every couple weeks my batteries are in great condition

Okay I'm sorry but I have to call ******** on this! I had my mavic get stuck up in the tree for about 5 months from August to January and it just stayed up there until the property owner finally saw it and him and his buddy got it out of the tree!
They gave it back to me and all I did was plug that battery into my intelligent hub battery was good as new and I'm still using it! And I should mention that the Maverick was totally great I cleaned up some spider webs sprayed the motors with some WD-40 and I am still flying it today 4 months later

Okay I'm sorry but I have to call ******** on this! I had my mavic get stuck up in the tree for about 5 months from August to January and it just stayed up there until the property owner finally saw it and him and his buddy got it out of the tree!
They gave it back to me and all I did was plug that battery into my intelligent hub battery was good as new and I'm still using it! And I should mention that the Maverick was totally great I cleaned up some spider webs sprayed the motors with some WD-40 and I am still flying it today 4 months later
I took it out for a epic flight today as a matter of fact

The mavic pro is awesome totally well-built weather resistant so don't panic if you get into some weather mode thing

Maybe he is partly right. If you are unlucky, 5 months is too long. It was actually 4 months though, I forgot an event where I used it during Christmas.

Might be a good idea to do a charge and discharge every two months.

U just got lucky ...and was your lipo fully charged? When u crashed?.warm all yr round? Kind call bull on your story!.and it ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT MEAN YOUR BATTERY IS STILL HEALTHY its just taking a charge...... you can call ******** all you like I'm just telling you what works for me and a lot of my fellow rc heli /drone buddies...u are free to do what u like but i sure as hell wont leave my lipos sitting around collecting dust....if i do that with my heli lipos they either dont perform (need high c rating) or swell up. Been doing this for 10 yrs so take it as u will.

Last edited:
The mavic pro is awesome totally well-built weather resistant so don't panic if you get into some weather mode thing
The mavic is not weather resistant....again u got extremely lucky dude....shouldnt tell these guys that a drone is weather resistant....come on man use your head.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72