Is there hope for my Phantom currently in a pond?

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a DJI Phantom FC40 and had the brilliant idea to fly it into a quarry and over a pond. On its way in it clipt a tree and fell into the water/sunk. I was thinking of trying to recover the drone but wondering if it is worth the effort as it will be submerged for at least a day. What do you guys think? is it ever going to work again? Will I ever see Droney Mc Drone face again?

Fresh water your chances are very good. Just dissasemble and wash everything with fresh water well. Then wash again with IPA, using a stiff brush to remove any gunk. Compressed air is great for drying.

Ok its dark outside and were going down with a couple of fishing rods and a pool cleaning net, ill let you know how it goes

I have had experience with dunking my drones, had to replace pretty much all the electoronics, you might get lucky, but i would not count on it. When my Ar Drone 2.0 took a 10 second dunk in our pool, it was game over, never worked again, had to replace the main board and nav board

ok a bit of an update, we spent three days attempting to get the drone back and eventually got it back with a mate that dives after hours of trying to grapple hook it.
Its been washed out with fresh water and has been drying out with moisture absorbers. I plugged it in and the the leds at the bottom light up and blink, the motors kind of pulse on and off in like a regular order but it just keeps pulsing and doesn't stop/change pattern.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20