Is there a way to shut the controller up?

Reaction score
I find it annoying that when I am simply adjusting things.. like the ISO, F-Stop, etc that the controller has to beep (loudly) for every single degree of change. It is so unnecessary.... Is there a way to silence the controller?? (Pro V-2) If you can help, thanks!!

I find it annoying that when I am simply adjusting things.. like the ISO, F-Stop, etc that the controller has to beep (loudly) for every single degree of change. It is so unnecessary.... Is there a way to silence the controller?? (Pro V-2) If you can help, thanks!!
Just reading,Um give it a rc calibration and don't forget to do gimble wheel,it's in the same process,hope that works for you,,,bit unsure with v2 but if something beeps calibrate it

I find it annoying that when I am simply adjusting things.. like the ISO, F-Stop, etc that the controller has to beep (loudly) for every single degree of change. It is so unnecessary.... Is there a way to silence the controller?? (Pro V-2)
I think the op is referring to the noises that the rc makes when changing settings. In that respect, your only choice would be to get inside the controller and modify and or muffle the speaker itself. If there is another way, I’ve not seen it.
Indeed I was. Thank you both for your reply though!

Isn't there a volume setting somewhere in the software controls?
I do not think so. It’s as if DJI believes it is critical for me, and anyone within a 100 yard radius - to know my controller is being interacted with... in some way.
I am surprised it doesn’t beep when you adjust the antennas or clip on a lanyard. Really.
I’m gonna look up where this mechanism is. Hopefully it’s like the little speaker module on a desktop computer and can easily be unplugged. (Yes... I know... “void warranty”, but my sanity is worth more than $200)?

Last edited:
I do not think so. It’s as if DJI believes it is critical for me, and anyone within a 100 yard radius - to know my controller is being interacted with... in some way.
I am surprised it doesn’t beep when you adjust the antennas or clip on a lanyard. Really.
I’m gonna look up where this mechanism is. Hopefully it’s like the little speaker module on a desktop computer and can easily be unplugged. (Yes... I know... “void warranty”, but my sanity is worth more than $200)?
Just need a small piece of tape to cover the noise emitting hole!
C405C6AC-95EA-4B52-BD77-A50D00AF67A3.jpeg

Starz do you happen to know if an LED could be connected inplace of or in parallel with, the speaker?
I am profoundly deaf and so do not hear the beeps unless I literally put the controller to my ear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starz do you happen to know if an LED could be connected inplace of or in parallel with, the speaker?
I am profoundly deaf and so do not hear the beeps unless I literally put the controller to my ear.
Depending on your skill set, you might be able to swap out the speaker for the tiny vibrator used to get a tactile shake on cell phones and the like. It is also remotely possible, looking at the picture above, that you could modify the speaker to do that by pushing something like a bit of paper or tape into the 'cone' of the speaker and turn it into a buzzer. Intensity would probably be pretty low.

Mavics have a buzzer built in that rattles the controller when it's upset about something (every 10 seconds it seems).

DJI has done it's usual rather poor job in creating a user interface but it's what we got....

I’m sure that some form of indicator light could be installed. What is there now would be a power wire and a ground that is getting a signal from the board that it’s attached to. I’m not the led expert on what is needed to get that done, but I’m thinking those people are here somewhere. Where I am, there is a local electronic store that would have that material and the people that could provide the guidance to get it done. If you can’t find anything on your end, I could go see them. I’m out for about two weeks on being able to do anything like that, but after that, I could figure it out.
I know what you mean on hearing. My ears aren’t as good as they used to be either.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic