Is the P5 coming yet?

Not only am I waiting, but I will wait until it has been out for at least a month or two to see what the feedback is from real world users. I have worked in software development for decades, and I like to play with the bleeding edge of tech as much as anyone, as long as it is not my money being spent. I applaud DJI for the innovations, but the documentation, testing, and quality control could use some help.
I can't help but think that DJI would save a great deal of money and reputation by simply having the English manuals written by native English speaking technical writers collaborating with the more knowledgeable people from sites like this as well as the DJI development teams.

Yeah I hear ya. Something in the price range of a P4P and you read the manual and you immediately know it has not been written by qualified english speaking technical writers. Keep an eye out on fiverr, you might be able to bid for the next DJI manual lol.

I have barely scratched the surface of understanding the intricacies of the DJI line, but I have read enough postings to see that there are those here who could probably do it justice. DJI could give them one of each of their products as incentive to test and refine the documentation. The reduction in customer support calls alone would pay for it easilly.

Yes I have a savings account set aside for the Phantom 5.

As soon as it's available for sale I am going to purchase it.

Have you seen the renderings of the Phantom 5 by Ostilav ?

Where is it posted?

Rick Smith from Drone Valley will be at CES 2018. He stated in his latest video he can’t say anything but sounds like he been told by DJI there’s going to be a release.

We will see.

Rick Smith from Drone Valley will be at CES 2018. He stated in his latest video he can’t say anything but sounds like he been told by DJI there’s going to be a release.
It looks like he was right. DJI is releasing the Osmo Mobile 2 and the Ronin-S.

It's pretty easy to be right though... since DJI usually announces something new at that show ;)

Reactions: OOO
I’m guessing the P5 won’t have a better camera than the P4P. I bet the P5P which will likely come out a year or so later will have a better camera than the P4P. It’s all about the camera for me.

Look how long some of the phantoms have been out every time they come out with new firmware there are new problems, so don’t think when the new 5 comes out it will be problem free because it want.

Or... they're learning from the past and since there's no [competitive] urgency they're taking their time, sort-of-speak, to produce a better tested release???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj