Is my P2V video quality good?

Reaction score
Hello,

Im flying my new P2V, no problem - fully updated, including the camera to the latest firmware.

But I think the videos recorded by my P2V have some blur or something like that. Im watching some videos on youtube from others pilots, and they have a good quality, like this:

http://youtu.be/dV-W2aqguMY

Now, look my latest video - 1080p 30fps - no filters, nothing:

http://youtu.be/o6SUNf3aBA0

What you guys think? Some wind and phantom shake sometimes.

Thank for any input.

Maybe some prop balancing would help. Also, the pilot in the other video is flying much faster, in straight lines. I think that probably helps make smoother video. Plus, more interesting scenery in the other video, no offense. I don't think there's anything wrong with your camera.

Okay so one thing you need to understand is that the camera can't really handle all the information in a shot that has a bright sky and a relatively dark foreground. If you look at all the shots of the "good" video you posted, you will notice that nearly all his shots are facing down with minimal sky. It's easier to make video look good when the exposure of the camera is within it's limits. What I mean is there is not a huge difference in contrast between the highlights and shadows.

In your video, there is a lot of bright sky and most of it is being burned out because the camera has chosen to correctly expose the ground which means it has to blow out the sky so it is devoid of detail. When half of your frame is overexposed, it's going to make the whole thing look bad. First thing I learned when I was shooting video was to keep the contrast range low so that everything would get a decent exposure.

The "good" video was also probably run through some kind of software stabilizer to minimize the shakiness of the footage and that makes a huge difference.

Experience can also help a great deal to make your movements more smooth as can flying when there's little or no wind.

You can see that there are many variables that can influence your footage so doing a back to back comparison is not the best way to go about it.

Bigbells said:
Maybe some prop balancing would help. Also, the pilot in the other video is flying much faster, in straight lines. I think that probably helps make smoother video. Plus, more interesting scenery in the other video, no offense. I don't think there's anything wrong with your camera.

Thank for your reply.

I agree, the first video have a better scenario, in my case Im testing the P2V near at my home, on a construction site. :D

disjecta said:
Okay so one thing you need to understand is that the camera can't really handle all the information in a shot that has a bright sky and a relatively dark foreground. If you look at all the shots of the "good" video you posted, you will notice that nearly all his shots are facing down with minimal sky. It's easier to make video look good when the exposure of the camera is within it's limits. What I mean is there is not a huge difference in contrast between the highlights and shadows.

In your video, there is a lot of bright sky and most of it is being burned out because the camera has chosen to correctly expose the ground which means it has to blow out the sky so it is devoid of detail. When half of your frame is overexposed, it's going to make the whole thing look bad. First thing I learned when I was shooting video was to keep the contrast range low so that everything would get a decent exposure.

The "good" video was also probably run through some kind of software stabilizer to minimize the shakiness of the footage and that makes a huge difference.

Experience can also help a great deal to make your movements more smooth as can flying when there's little or no wind.

You can see that there are many variables that can influence your footage so doing a back to back comparison is not the best way to go about it.

Thank for your advices, help a lot.

I will do more tests, in a calm day (no wind) and in a better place.

What cam/video settings within the app do most of you set your cams on when doing video?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj