Is it the Heat?, or being left for a period of time?

Reaction score
I am , (like a lot of you) suffering the dreaded "Black Screen" syndrome on my Phone with my P2V+.
Does anyone know if this is definitely due to overheating of the WiFi module, or simply the drone being unused for a period of time.
I am hoping to flash the NAND chip to recover the bird, once I figure out what is connected to what, and how!. (Any help on that subject would be fabulous)
putting that aside, I reckon it is possible to fit a 12 volt DC 25mm X 25mm Cooling fan in the casing blowing air directly over the module, (there is enough space between the casing, and where the antennas plug in) so even on the ground it is being cooled all the time.
That is assuming it is simply a heat issue, any help or your thoughts on the subject, much appreciated.
As I have said in response in another post my bird HAS the new ventilated Module casing with holes fitted, and I have (on occasion) fired up the drone, without taking off, if this has any relevance.
Would be interested to hear peoples opinion on the above.
Also..... any ideas of the best position to pickup the 12 volt supply?, or, is there a 12 volt pickup from off the board anywhere?.
Or would it be a case of just connecting to the main battery terminals in the bird?.

From everything I have read, it is more likely to be the NAND. There is a way to test for that, but I am not in a position to locate it at the moment. I will get back to you tomorrow with that and full details of the fix. I have everything prepared now to reflash my NAND and hope to complete the task tomorrow. I am going to use a Phantom battery as the power source, so will also let you know how that goes.

It's a complete pain in the proverbial and, if DJI would only put theirs hands up, accept responsibility and offer a recall, it wouldn't be necessary.

Reactions: CEEJAY
From everything I have read, it is more likely to be the NAND. There is a way to test for that, but I am not in a position to locate it at the moment. I will get back to you tomorrow with that and full details of the fix. I have everything prepared now to reflash my NAND and hope to complete the task tomorrow. I am going to use a Phantom battery as the power source, so will also let you know how that goes.

It's a complete pain in the proverbial and, if DJI would only put theirs hands up, accept responsibility and offer a recall, it wouldn't be necessary.

I have pinged the Phantom from my laptop and it is def showing no response to the bottom board in the wifi unit.
I have Flash board on its way, just need to now know how everything is connected.
Have got the connection to the Nand Board sussed, just a bit bemused to how it is connected to the PC, and if I need a special lead, etc to it !!
Any help greatly appreciated.
Getting no help from other members at present !!.
I agree about the recall, I have only flown this thing 4 or 5 times at most !!, want to get it sorted as a friend wants to borrow it for his holiday, and is then going to buy it from me.
Next to useless as it is !!.

I am even contemplating a way to connect it all up, and have the connections external on the bird, just in case I need to do it all again at some point !!.
I am not a total idiot at electronics, having been a electrical engineer for 40 years !!

Sounds like you're almost there. I little knowledge in IT or electronics so am picking my way through this very slowly and have managed to follow it so far. Now I have to bite the bullet, connect it up and try the reflash.

I can't find a way to attach the file you need so have started a 'conversation' with you.

Connect to a phantom battery ???

Someone hasn't read or has misunderstood the flash instructions.

The power comes from the USB connection

I've done 9 so far with 3 that won't flash

I charge £30 plus postage to repair them, if repairable.

Connect to a phantom battery ???

Someone hasn't read or has misunderstood the flash instructions.

The power comes from the USB connection

I've done 9 so far with 3 that won't flash

I charge £30 plus postage to repair them, if repairable.
According to the instructions ,a 11 volt supply has to be applied (to the DJI board) unless I'm missing something here?.
Please elaborate?

I am , (like a lot of you) suffering the dreaded "Black Screen" syndrome on my Phone with my P2V+.
Does anyone know if this is definitely due to overheating of the WiFi module, or simply the drone being unused for a period of time.
I am hoping to flash the NAND chip to recover the bird, once I figure out what is connected to what, and how!. (Any help on that subject would be fabulous)
putting that aside, I reckon it is possible to fit a 12 volt DC 25mm X 25mm Cooling fan in the casing blowing air directly over the module, (there is enough space between the casing, and where the antennas plug in) so even on the ground it is being cooled all the time.
That is assuming it is simply a heat issue, any help or your thoughts on the subject, much appreciated.
As I have said in response in another post my bird HAS the new ventilated Module casing with holes fitted, and I have (on occasion) fired up the drone, without taking off, if this has any relevance.
Would be interested to hear peoples opinion on the above.
Also..... any ideas of the best position to pickup the 12 volt supply?, or, is there a 12 volt pickup from off the board anywhere?.
Or would it be a case of just connecting to the main battery terminals in the bird?.

If you are taking about fitting a fan there is a convenient plug on the board marked FAN

I'm doubting overheat being the issue in my case. I put the Phantom away after a short flight where it was working fine. Due to several reasons it was several months before I flew it again. Black screen right out of the case. I reflashed the board and it has worked for several flights in 90 - 95 degree heat in the direct sun.

I'm doubting overheat being the issue in my case. I put the Phantom away after a short flight where it was working fine. Due to several reasons it was several months before I flew it again. Black screen right out of the case. I reflashed the board and it has worked for several flights in 90 - 95 degree heat in the direct sun.

Interesting findings, mine was a similar scenario.
Flew bird, updated, flew again, laid up for several months, Ditto !!
still waiting on an answer on the above post about RX TX connections, any ideas?

Interesting findings, mine was a similar scenario.
Flew bird, updated, flew again, laid up for several months, Ditto !!
still waiting on an answer on the above post about RX TX connections, any ideas?
Yes just like it shows in the drawing on the link.

Just an update Guys!
Pleased to say Phantom Vision 2 + lives again !.
Flashed NAND chip, works as before. !
Well done mate

Well done mate

Jus to say, it took a few attempts at running the flashing utility, but, it finally done it.
All I can say, is do not give up at the first attempt, I must have ran it 5 or 6 times, finally got the result of "Successful".#
Which proves that it can be done Guys !!

Jus to say, it took a few attempts at running the flashing utility, but, it finally done it.
All I can say, is do not give up at the first attempt, I must have ran it 5 or 6 times, finally got the result of "Successful"
Very true,
To add

The first command usually fails and shows BOOTME repeatedly if so do CTRL +C and start again then it should finish then run the 2nd command

Thanks crash1sttime, I assume it is a 12 voltish output?
Some nice little 12 volt 25mm square fans on Hebay !
I think it is mate, you can use the cable that joins the ESC to the board as it's the same plug

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj