Is it Stolen? Craigslist Adds

Reaction score
I've been surfing craigslist and occasionally find a phantom listed with no controller. The real question, is it stolen? Figured I'd start a thread and encourage folks who are missing their quads to look here. If you see one for sale why not post it up with location? Most are probably legit, but if one person finds their missing fly away it's worth it.

Vermillion, OH.
http://sandusky.craigslist.org/ele/4969901578.html

Most are probably fly aways people found, but Im sure some are stolen. You have to be careful buying anything on CL. Lots of scams.

Good idea.

Whats the point of wasting your time?

If you think its stolen move on! and i would advise against buying used UAV's anyway. If you cant afford to buy a new one build one!

I'd never buy a used UAV who knows what abuse it's had and all of a sudden you get a flyaway or something that drops out of the sky for no reason!

I have every model made and i wont waste my time trying to sell the old ones because i cant tell you "It's fine" and if anyone tells you that run! lol

If you have to ask the question "Is it stolen" you should not waste your time posting a question here or wasting your time even thinking about it!

I have 50 Phantom 3's in the box i can ship you for $500.00 a piece brand new in the box. Shoot me over a money order from western union and i'll hook you up.

If you think its stolen move on! and i would advise against buying used UAV's anyway. If you cant afford to buy a new one build one!

.... rant continues
Relax dude, no need to get all hyped up over a guy trying to help others. Chill pills are available at your nearest pharmacist.

The link OP posted looks very much like a flyaway, seeing it has a chipped prop as well. If my quad flew away I'd be real happy if I could find the person who picked it up and reclaim it. We've seen the posts here of people find recovering their quads after flyaways/control loss/mechanial faliure etc. A good tip for all desperate and unfortunate guys out there who lost their "loves ones"!

Reactions: Torcan and claws
I was going to buy a used P2 I saw on Craigs about a month ago. When I contacted the seller and suggested we meet at the local township building (where the police are also stationed) to conduct the sales transaction, he suddenly stopped answering my emails LOL. :D

I'm thinking about buying a can of pepper spray and a military-grade folding knife to carry with me for whenever I fly in a public park. I'm getting somewhat nervous at seeing Rottweilers and pit bulls at these parks, and also need to think about some meth freak trying to steal my $2000 machine. :eek:

Last edited:
Relax dude, no need to get all hyped up over a guy trying to help others. Chill pills are available at your nearest pharmacist.

The link OP posted looks very much like a flyaway, seeing it has a chipped prop as well. If my quad flew away I'd be real happy if I could find the person who picked it up and reclaim it. We've seen the posts here of people find recovering their quads after flyaways/control loss/mechanial faliure etc. A good tip for all desperate and unfortunate guys out there who lost their "loves ones"!

Chill Pills are very very tasty as long as you get the ones that have the creamy stuff on the inside.

Perhaps you mistook the tone of my post for something negative perhaps i could have put a few "LOL" in there. My intent is never to ridicule or belittle someone asking for information or adding something positive to our discussions.

My point was it seems like a waste of time to browse classified adds looking for someone selling a Phantom with no controller so we can all assume its some guy who found a flyaway. So can i not sell a Phantom without controller without being accused of selling someone elses property?

If i had a flyaway in Los Angeles and i see 5 Phantoms on Craigslist being sold with no controller whats my next step?

Do i contact the seller and politley ask where he got it from? Politely ask "why are you selling"?
Seriously what do you expect someone who has decided to sell for whatever reason to confess to you?

lol here are the lol's and :) smilies, my tone is humorous! I'm smiling really wide while writing this and chewing on chill pills at the same time :)

The intent was to simply provide a place for folks to look and see if maybe their flyaway is the one listed. As for browsing craigslist, why not? If you had a fly away and you think the one listed is yours there are remedies. Stolen and found are still not the property of the listing party. There are obvious indicators such as nothing but the copter, the damage, and lack of controller. You don't have to participate. I can appreciate your point. I just thought with the amount of time and money we invest why not share what might be someone else's loss. Course these are just my $0.02.

I'd never buy a used UAV who knows what abuse it's had and all of a sudden you get a flyaway or something that drops out of the sky for no reason!

I have every model made and i wont waste my time trying to sell the old ones because i cant tell you "It's fine" and if anyone tells you that run! lol

If you have to ask the question "Is it stolen" you should not waste your time posting a question here or wasting your time even thinking about it!

I have 50 Phantom 3's in the box i can ship you for $500.00 a piece brand new in the box. Shoot me over a money order from western union and i'll hook you up.
I think the OP was more looking out for people who may have had theirs stolen than actually considering buying one/not buying one off of craigslist.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31