Is it possible to use my drone with my phone again?

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Advanced and way back in 2017 is was able to use it with my Samsung Galaxy Express 3 J120A phone. Then I lost that phone and replaced it with another one, but didn't re-install the DJI GO app because I didn't fly the drone for a while. Now I want to fly it again but am getting the impression that you can't get an app for a phone that "old". Is that true? Hopefully not and if not can anyone tell me how to get the app on this phone? Also if it can take the app again will it be able to connect to a new update for the drone? The drone and controller still have the firmware from way back 2 years ago and I want to sell the Phantom and get a Mavic. So should I try to update the firmware in the drone and controller if my phone is still able to handle it? Also will this phone be able to work with a Mavic Air and its controller? Or am I going to have to pay hundreds more dollars for a different phone just to be able to fly DJI drones again?

I have a Phantom 3 Advanced and way back in 2017 is was able to use it with my Samsung Galaxy Express 3 J120A phone. Then I lost that phone and replaced it with another one, but didn't re-install the DJI GO app because I didn't fly the drone for a while. Now I want to fly it again but am getting the impression that you can't get an app for a phone that "old". Is that true? Hopefully not and if not can anyone tell me how to get the app on this phone? Also if it can take the app again will it be able to connect to a new update for the drone? The drone and controller still have the firmware from way back 2 years ago and I want to sell the Phantom and get a Mavic. So should I try to update the firmware in the drone and controller if my phone is still able to handle it? Also will this phone be able to work with a Mavic Air and its controller? Or am I going to have to pay hundreds more dollars for a different phone just to be able to fly DJI drones again?
Just go to the Google Play Store and download the latest version of DJI GO. It's free. You will most likely receive an "update required" message on your phone but the update is optional. Maybe leave the update for the buyer.

Note: My NVIDIA Shield K1 was released in 2014 and runs DJI GO just fine.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31