Is it common to lose complete connection (litchi) when image transmission stops?

Reaction score
New user to Litchi - I've been starting to use Litchi when I found out it is still viable on my SS S2 tablet I originally bought for my P4 to run the GO app. GO4 was unsupported on my Samsung about a year after I bought it, so I switched to an iPad mini 4.

Anyway, I have been doing some flights with my P4, just using litchi in fpv mode mostly and did a couple of short missions I did on the mission hub page, all went well. I then decided to do a longer one, flying out to a POI about 660 meters from my home, circling the POI then returning. I set the altitude about 30 meters (above ground) for the entire mission.

When it was about 350 meters in, the controller lost complete connection. I was expecting image transmission loss as the signal is going thru a deciduous forest with full leaf on, but I was not expecting complete signal loss. I was a bit perturbed as it showed the aircraft battery dead, etc. as there was zero connection with the aircraft, not just video.

I've flown out to the POI before, when trees were still bare and there was no signal loss, not even image. I was expecting image transmission to drop in & out because of the leaf cover, but not a complete signal loss. There was zero connection between the Tx & the P4.

Anyway, I sat tight & put my faith in the program, I was going to send my P4A up and have a look but the mission was only 7 minutes long so I sat tight, and a few minutes later I heard the familiar sound and connection (and my heart rate) was restored

In normal flying with GO app I have had lots of image drop offs with warnings etc. when I go out to far or behind trees, but I have never totally just lost the connection. I am going to fly the P4 out to the same area again manually with litchi and see what happens when I get a chance, but am just curious if this is normal behaviour for the radio to lose complete contact like this when flying a mission.

I was expecting image transmission loss as the signal is going thru a deciduous forest with full leaf on, but I was not expecting complete signal loss.

I've flown out to the POI before, when trees were still bare and there was no signal loss, not even image. I was expecting image transmission to drop in & out because of the leaf cover, but not a complete signal loss. There was zero connection between the Tx & the P4.

is normal behaviour for the radio to lose complete contact like this
Yes, it is normal and you should expect to lose your signal when your line of sight is blocked by an obstacle such as a building or a forest of trees full of leaves.
This is true regardless of which app you use.

Last edited:
Yes, it is normal and you should expect to lose your signal when your line of sight is blocked by an obstacle such as a building or a forest of trees full of leaves.
This is true regardless of which app you use.
Thanks for the reply, I intend to replicate the mission manually with GO4 app and litchi in FPV mode, I have flown the same area many times and only experienced occasional image loss, never a complete disconnect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers