Is it allowed to fly drone in Venice?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can anyone let me know if I can fly my drone in Venice-ITALY?

I have flight from London to Venice on Saturday, wanna take my drone with me and the weather condition will be available to fly.

If I can make it, i will have good shots.

Thanks.

Sero

Last edited:
I've saw a great amount of footage from Venice. If I were you, I would search via Google. Flying drone in Vernice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Where did you hear about the 100 euro fine?
I fear it's way more that that..
Basically here you can't fly above populated areas at all...
You could, with some limitation, with a drone under 300gr, but here the laws about UAV are, strange to say, very unclear and obscure... :)

Those accident cases are everywhere!
If it continues like that, we will not be able to fly drone anywhere :(

O/T! Whenever I think of Venice it reminds me of a funny story. I hope you guys don't mind....

A few years ago I was in Milan for office work and decided to drive to Venice for sightseeing after office hours. Of course I wanted to see the Piazza San Marco, so I set that as the destination in the Garmin GPS (with Europe maps) that I had brought with me from the US. It was about a 3 hour drive from Milan, so I arrived in Venice a little after dark.
Once across the bridge to Venice, I arrived at a large parking area for tour busses but my GPS wasn't yet telling me that I had arrived. It told me turn right so I slowed but didn't see a road large enough for my car. Since it's not unusual to see very narrow roads in Italy, I thought maybe the small path I did see was where I was supposed to turn but it was too late by then. I had to continue moving due to traffic behind me.
I drove all the way around the square, GPS "recalculating!", drove all the way across the bridge out of Venice, then all the way back across the bridge to Venice only to get to the very same spot. GPS says to turn right. I still don't see where I can turn. Frik! All the way around, "recalculating!", all the way across the bridge out and back again. Now I'm again at the same spot I had just been two times previously. GPS says to turn right. Really? Where? Serenity now!
That's when I realized that the GPS was considering the canals to be drivable roads. It was telling me to turn right with my car into the water to get to Piazza San Marco which I had set as my destination. Of course, I was just blindly listening to the GPS.

Yes, there's no escaping it. I'm an idiot.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl