Is Homeland Security creating drone hysteria?

Reaction score
I think we all understand the possible threats that drones can pose. Homeland Security has every right to work with other agencies to protect the public - and as a citizen, I want them to. However, should Homeland Security instigate hysteria by publishing notifications to the public about the threat of drones? I don't think so; I think it does more harm than good and will give idiots the false impression that they have the right to shoot drones down on the basis that they could pose a threat.

What the hell is that? — Homeland Security

Wow, what a joke piece, talk about biased to begin with. I'm not a steelers fan, I actually hate American football but to say that? Wow.
I had to doublecheck to make sure it wasn't a spoof, did anyone else here about a drone crash in Seattle during the pride parade last year? And to say "your half baked buddy"???? WTF

Yeah, they are really going overboard with that garbage line "if you see something report it" Hmm, I actually not really say what I'm really thinking, don't need the mods calling me arrogant & mean mouthed :p

Reactions: MasterBlaster
Keep in mind America is the "take kids away from parents first and investigate the possibility of abuse second" country. People fear what they don't don't understand and with media coverage like this will only lead to more fear and less answers. I recently watched a youtube video of a guy here in Florida trying to fly his copter when a woman told him to leave a public place cause he was "invading her privacy" wtf your in public you have no expectation of privacy.

One of my coworkers told me when I got my P3P "I see one of those by my house "spying" on me I'll have my husband shoot it down.

I then spent about 20 minutes explaining to her how it worked, how the camera didn't zoom etc, and showed her a video I took of myself from about 20 feet up and 10 feet away from me and she couldn't even make out my face or the correct color of my shirt. After all was said and done she like "well then don't explain it that way when they talk about them on tv".

So 1 person at a time we can show people were not gonna ruin the world I guess :(

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think the OP missed the mark laying the blame on DHS. The link is some hack news website full of more opinion than fact. Let's lay the blame for any hysteria where it belongs, idiot pilots flying UAV irresponsibly, recklessly, and without regard to rules or, in many cases, logic.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4