Is DJI Osmo worth the investment

Reaction score
My first dumb question in the DJI Osmo forum.

Do I need an Osmo for recording video with my mobile?.
What are the benefits?.

I have a Mavic and a P4 Pro and get great footage, but I need a mobile for when I can't fly the drone.
Is this better than a Go Pro?.

Sorry I am asking dumb questions, Lol.

I think the main benefit of it is that it is a handheld and powered gimbal platform. With a phone or GoPro you don't have many ways to keep it level like the gimbal on your Phantom does. I am not sure but I think the OSMO allows you to attach different cameras like the Inspire does so that you have versatility. I would see the osmo as great for skateboarding and such.

Reactions: ElGuapo
Thank you both, that is what I needed.

Although there are 3rd market stabilizers out there for the GoPro, they released a stabilizer called the Karma grip. I have the Karma grip and the original Osmo. The thing that sort of annoys me about the Osmo is that you need to use your phone and you have to put pieces together to get it fully functional. Once you get it all put together (if you have additional parts like a mic, lights, etc) it can look a little cumbersome. The X3 shoots awesome video but no doubt and might be slightly better than a hero 5 black (some may argue that) but at the end of the day, when I go on vacation this May to Hawaii, I'm taking my Karma grip and Hero 5 black because its a bit more rugged and its a "quick shoot" camera. Just take it out of your backpack, hit the on button and its ready to go. I wanted a hand held stabilized camera and at the time of the original Osmo release, there weren't much choices unless you went third party with the GoPro. Now there are stabilizers for your phone. I'm actually thinking about ridding of my Osmo because I just don't use it compared to the Karma grip.

Reactions: K9VXV
Johnathan, I just picked up the mobile version also, but thinking of returning and waiting to see if a new one is announced soon. Not sure, going to play with this one a few days before I have to take it back..

Last edited:
The Z-Axis is a worthwhile investment. But I am not sure if it works on the Mobile version.

The Z-Axis is a worthwhile investment. But I am not sure if it works on the Mobile version.
I don't the Z-Axis will go on the mobile, you cannot remove the mount like the other Osmo units. You can get Zen M1 for mobile and gopro. It's why I went with an Osmo. Long term many more options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers