Is any motor lubrication maintenance required ?????

Reaction score
Still being a somewhat new owner of a P3 STD, I've never noticed any mention (if required) of motor lubrication, comments please.
Thank you

Still being a somewhat new owner of a P3 STD, I've never noticed any mention (if required) of motor lubrication, comments please.
Thank you
None recommended and probably not required. The bearings are shielded (there is a misconception by some they are fully sealed which they aren’t) so it is possible to get some light oil into them if you really wanted to. Problem is you could easily do more harm than good- over oiling might increase friction reducing efficiency and any excess oil inside the motor will ultimately catch and hold grit which may lead to excessive wear and reduced cooling efficiency.

Reactions: Propster
None recommended and probably not required. The bearings are shielded (there is a misconception by some they are fully sealed which they aren’t) so it is possible to get some light oil into them if you really wanted to. Problem is you could easily do more harm than good- over oiling might increase friction reducing efficiency and any excess oil inside the motor will ultimately catch and hold grit which may lead to excessive wear and reduced cooling efficiency.
Hey WTB, what do these little things have anyway, sintered bronze sleeves? I have never even looked at mine, but almost all small electric motors have them. I wonder what those maddening fidget spinners which were the rage a year or so ago have. I think they are ceramic of something, and the only thing which seems to stop those things from spinning forever appears to air resistance.

Thank you for that info, advise taken............:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24