Is antigravity motor + carbon fiber props best route?

FRS

Reaction score
I am wondering if the anti gravity motors makes a big difference vs the traditional stock motor. Is the 200$ purchase worth it? I have already ordered the carbon fiber props so curious if this combined setup is the best. Please enlighten me

This is just my opinion.

I modded my first Phantom with antigravity motors and carbon fiber props. I honestly could not tell the difference to warrant the $189 cost. As for props, I've come back full circle and back to using authentic DJI props. My experience with non-DJI props is that although they look similar, they are a lot more fickle in terms of getting them to work as well as DJI-made props.

If and when I need to replace my motors, I'll use the stock motors.

FRS said:
I am wondering if the anti gravity motors makes a big difference vs the traditional stock motor. Is the 200$ purchase worth it? I have already ordered the carbon fiber props so curious if this combined setup is the best. Please enlighten me

What exactly are you trying to achieve by spending that much on motors and props?
IMHO, the stock DJI props are perfect.

2trickpony said:
FRS said:

What exactly are you trying to achieve by spending that much on motors and props?
IMHO, the stock DJI props are perfect.

Bingo!

I should have begun my response with 2TP's question. For me, I "thought" the motors and pros would be "better", but that was the newb in me thinking, if it's more $$$, it has to be better. LOL.

If you can't answer the question better than they way I did, then you'are better off staying stock and blowing your wad on GS.

...that's a whole 'nother conversation, but man, Ground Station should be on every Phantom flyers shopping list!

FRS said:

As mentioned, there's much better things you can spend your money on.

spending so much on new motors and props is about as silly as people are who put high performance tires and wheels on a Honda civic. It'll look cool, but that's about it.
you're better of putting the money towards FPV, additional batteries, and other fun stuff that you'll immediately gain the benefit of.

Okay thanks for all the advice. Oh trust me.. I know, the GS was already ordered ;P My build is taking FOREVER though and I'm getting super impatient.

Gizmo3000 said:
FRS said:
as silly as people are who put high performance tires and wheels on a Honda civic.

OUCH, but so true!!!! :lol:

I love my T-Motors and hate the phantom before.

However, that was fully loaded, with gimba, dual batteries and FPV gear...

So for me, the motors and P2 blades make the P1 fly in a manner that feels like it has no additional weight.

So $189 was WELL worth it for me.

I know this is off topic. But what would a good Ground Station entail for the dji phantom?

ageedb said:
I know this is off topic. But what would a good Ground Station entail for the dji phantom?

Probably should search the forum for that one.... :lol:

It's proven that the Phantom is more responsive with the antigravity motors and carbon fibers... flight time increase of 1 min. You be the judge.

I could see one minute being pretty beneficial for emergency landing purposes and the more responsive part is my main goal. I am trying to outfit 4-5 rigs that are top of the line: BMW, Mercedes type rigs so I figured the extra 200$ would just be icing on the cake.

If you are tight on budget then you need to proiritise what matters for your requirements. The Tiger motors are quite steep in price but not that much more than the cost of stock motors!? The Tigers should last much longer than stock and the flight experience will be more enjoyable.
I think if you are putting increasing amounts of weight on your phantom then getting uprated motors not only will help with handling but the Phantom will potentially be safer to fly. Also being better balanced should help to reduce vibration/Jello effect if you are filming for example.
I too am adding Ground station and IOSD so plenty of expense to look after up there!!

FRS said:
I could see one minute being pretty beneficial for emergency landing purposes and the more responsive part is my main goal. I am trying to outfit 4-5 rigs that are top of the line: BMW, Mercedes type rigs so I figured the extra 200$ would just be icing on the cake.

haha... 4-5? Budget? I don't think budget is a concern.

That being said... if you want a BMW or Mercedes type of rig then you don't want a DJI Phantom. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl