Carbon Fiber Props for p4

Reaction score
Anyone use Carbon Fiber props on their P4? If so what are the best ones to buy? Pros and cons carbon fiber props vs regular props

Use only DJI OEM props.
They make CF reinforced props for other models, not sure about the P4 (yet?).

Yup!!!!

No idea, ive tested them on a P1 and a P2 and the handling was terrible when banking, checkout what happens at 03:12 ...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Full throttle etc did nothing, on my P2 with H3-3D and GoPro the handling was bordering on very unstable.

In some situations or systems it maybe beneficial but the DJI propulsion system (ESC f/w, prop, & motor) is tuned for OEM props to give the best performance for a flying camera platform. Swapping them out de-tunes the system.

I agree with that, on my larger duration quad (uses 17" CF props) they seem fine ...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I guess the longer the arms the better they handle ... perhaps

People have argued about P3 'carbon reinforced' props for years. If there are any advantages, they are very subtle. They are stiffer so they shatter faster. That might be a feature or a bug depending on the circumstances.

Then general consensus for the P3 props is to avoid them. They don't help in any measurable way, they may be deleterious, They look cool, but that's about it.

Are you confusing the DJI offerings with 3rd party ones?

Never heard any issues with DJI CF-R props.

Are you confusing the DJI offerings with 3rd party ones?

Never heard any issues with DJI CF-R props.
No, I am specifically talking about the DJI ones. While they do work and haven't been implicated in some of the serious performance issues of the third party ones, my point is that they don't have much of a track record for registering any improvement. A few anecdotal reports one way or the other. My experience is that they handle slightly differently but not enough to really notice. I can change handling more effectively by adjusting the gains.

So if you are hoping for some magical boost, you're not going to get them. I've not heard anything positive about the third party props other that some glowing and unsubstantiated reports about how great they are. Nobody has carefully sussed out any substantive difference.

No, I am specifically talking about the DJI ones. While they do work and haven't been implicated in some of the serious performance issues of the third party ones, my point is that they don't have much of a track record for registering any improvement. A few anecdotal reports one way or the other. My experience is that they handle slightly differently but not enough to really notice. I can change handling more effectively by adjusting the gains.

So if you are hoping for some magical boost, you're not going to get them. I've not heard anything positive about the third party props other that some glowing and unsubstantiated reports about how great they are. Nobody has carefully sussed out any substantive difference.
Deflated expectations not withstanding, I've heard nothing negative about any DJI OEM props.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic