Irresponsible Flying

Reaction score
Irresponsible Flying

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfA79gb7zMU[/youtube]

Crazy going that high.

watch from 8:40, shame it regained control

Yeh seen it all, great view but total madness specially Turkey where its a tourist flight area.

Is there some sort of requirement for GoPro users that prevents them from stripping the audio tracks? Do they think the world likes to listen to nothing but wind and motor whine?

Maybe a turn on for some ;)

480sparky said:
Is there some sort of requirement for GoPro users that prevents them from stripping the audio tracks? Do they think the world likes to listen to nothing but wind and motor whine?

Given that this is a different country, with different laws and possibly flight patterns, what makes this inherently 'irresponsible flying'?

Irresponsible reply, I rest my case.

Morgon said:
Given that this is a different country, with different laws and possibly flight patterns, what makes this inherently 'irresponsible flying'?

Realist said:

Morgon said:

Just watched the video... I agree that it was an irresponsible flight... all the cars and people below make this a crazy stunt.

If they were out in the middle of nowhere and had permission to go that high... I wouldn't have an issue with someone trying to set a record... but this just looks like I'm going to fly super high because I can... and very little consideration to what would happen if the Phantom failed - like it almost did.

I'm only starting into this hobby but I don't want idiots doing the above and the governments banning the hobby before I start.

The more people complain about idiots like the above the safer we are and the public at large.

'irresponsible flying' is when there is big risk for loosing contact, and craft is crashing in public area, think of 1 kilo coming down from >1 km.
'irresponsible flying' is flying in areas where civil aircrafts can be expected.

But the jerk is easy for laws to find, he display area licensplate and face :lol:

Realist said:
I'm only starting into this hobby but I don't want idiots doing the above and the governments banning the hobby before I start.

The more people complain about idiots like the above the safer we are and the public at large.

I don't know about the UK - but in the USA it will take our government so long to agree to a law to ban something, that I'll be long dead :)

No I agree with you... idiot stunts call undue attention to an otherwise safe (and awesomely cool) hobby,

BWJ said:
'irresponsible flying' is flying in areas where civil aircrafts can be expected.
I don't know much about Samsun, Turkey - is aircraft 'expected'? I would assume the operator knows that better than the rest of us.

I think people are misconstruing what I'm saying here. I'm absolutely not saying this is something everyone should go out and do, I'm saying that I'm having trouble finding bar-none fault with his flight, given that I don't know anything about Turkish flight regulations or the safety precautions the operator performed. What's good for us is not always good for the rest of the world, and vice-versa.

As for the inherent danger of losing control, very similar risks are taken with each car ride, friendly games of neighborhood sports (baseball, street hockey), and other things. But like the kids breaking a window with a baseball, I would expect that the pilot would be responsible for his actions, should an accident occur.

Morgon said:
BWJ said:
I don't know much about Samsun, Turkey - is aircraft 'expected'? I would assume the operator knows that better than the rest of us.

I think people are misconstruing what I'm saying here. I'm absolutely not saying this is something everyone should go out and do, I'm saying that I'm having trouble finding bar-none fault with his flight, given that I don't know anything about Turkish flight regulations or the safety precautions the operator performed. What's good for us is not always good for the rest of the world, and vice-versa.

As for the inherent danger of losing control, very similar risks are taken with each car ride, friendly games of neighborhood sports (baseball, street hockey), and other things. But like the kids breaking a window with a baseball, I would expect that the pilot would be responsible for his actions, should an accident occur.

I think the inherent danger is the number of new drone pilots here in US airspace seeing these videos on YouTube and attempting the same sort of flight. But you're right, we can't comment with any authority whether this particular flight in this specific region was safe or unsafe.

As far as people taking responsibility...refer to the current thread here on PhantomPilots about whether or not a crashed drone can be traced, and the number of people who are no longer putting their information on their drones so they can avoid liability should they cause damage. I don't have much faith in people in anymore.

Very irresponsible but impressive at the same time.

Wonder what gear he's using?

Buckaye said:
Realist said:

Morgon said:

Just watched the video... I agree that it was an irresponsible flight... all the cars and people below make this a crazy stunt.

If they were out in the middle of nowhere and had permission to go that high... I wouldn't have an issue with someone trying to set a record... but this just looks like I'm going to fly super high because I can... and very little consideration to what would happen if the Phantom failed - like it almost did.
Just curious...If one were out in the middle of nowhere...Who has the authority to give you permission to do that???

Right or wrong, good or bad, I know for sure. I would never try that stunt. :shock:
...and another person that slams their quad into the ground.
Sure was a nice view......

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl