Iris control

Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to 'de-click' the exposure on the P3P by which I mean to be able to smoothly increase and decrease exposure amounts without the jumping from one aperture setting to the next as is the current default ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Has anyone found a way to 'de-click' the exposure on the P3P by which I mean to be able to smoothly increase and decrease exposure amounts without the jumping from one aperture setting to the next as is the current default ?
The lens on your Phantom's camera has no diaphragm.
It is a fixed aperture lens and can only vary the shutter speed or the ISO value to regulate the amount of light.

Reactions: Digdat0
There is no iris control for smooth exposure on the Phantoms, just shutter speed increments of 1/3 stop in speed. Anything else requires a ND filter or ISO change which isn't that smooth either.

If you move up to a DSLR type platform with an aperture equipped lens and servo you could do that, but that gets very expensive too as you are looking at a true cinematographer's setup that might take two people to operate (Pilot and cinematographer.) with prices in the +$15K area.

There is no iris control for smooth exposure on the Phantoms, just shutter speed increments of 1/3 stop in speed. Anything else requires a ND filter or ISO change which isn't that smooth either.

If you move up to a DSLR type platform with an aperture equipped lens and servo you could do that, but that gets very expensive too as you are looking at a true cinematographer's setup that might take two people to operate (Pilot and cinematographer.) with prices in the +$15K area.
The M43 X5 on the inspire pro takes variable aperture lenses. You are limited to the fstop increments however you can run auto ISO in manual mode. It's not ideal.

Your best bet is to set your exposure for the best compromise before each take.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20