Ireland follows United States with mandatory registration of drones

I think the few 'extreme' UAV pilots pushing altitude limits and flying in controlled airspace have put this
'burden' on the hobby, but I've reviewed the FAA page, and registration is free for the first 30 days, and
if you have 15 qualifying drones, you only register once, and put the same registration number on/in
each drone you plan to fly outside. Those of us that fly safe, this will really have no effect on us. If
you sell your drone, remove your I.D. number.... you're no longer liable for that drone. Keep in mind it's
the LAW that that the FAA charge a fee. If they were lookin' to loot the hobby, it would've been a much
heftier fee.

It IS over-regulation at its finest... it is a $87 Billion program that is designed to 'promote accountability and
responsibility in the hobby's community'. That's A LOT of coin to promote responsibility.

I think money for the government is only a bi product. The real reason is they want to keep tabs on as much of our stuff as they can. Like weapons, like income, like business, like everything you have to get a government issued permit for, they don't believe we are smart enough to know whats good or bad, so they intend on telling us.

The Irish rules are not dissimilar to the UKs, with limits on flying over congested areas and out of site of the operator and with all sites conducted in a safe manner.

Quite honestly, I never fly more than 300m away, as I cannot see the quad clearly at more than that distance. I would never rely just on the camera feed and RTH settings to bring it back safely.

Registration would not bother me at all. I enjoy flying for flying's sake, but I appreciate that those who fly predominantly for photography or to set height or distance records might be less keen.

The Irish rules are not dissimilar to the UKs, with limits on flying over congested areas and out of site of the operator and with all sites conducted in a safe manner.

Quite honestly, I never fly more than 300m away, as I cannot see the quad clearly at more than that distance. I would never rely just on the camera feed and RTH settings to bring it back safely.

Registration would not bother me at all. I enjoy flying for flying's sake, but I appreciate that those who fly predominantly for photography or to set height or distance records might be less keen.
Interesting to see if the CAA follow suit, what do you think ?

CAA does not state anything on their website for users in England (at least) to register. Has only the usual stay-safe drone protocols. That's it! [emoji41]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers