iPhone

Reaction score
Hi

My first post here.
I'm a new owner of a Phantom 4 and very excited.
I wonder if it's ok to start with my iPhone 7 before I buy a iPad.
Or will it be to small to use in a proper way.

I think it's just a matter of opinion. I use both..a Samsung galaxy luna phone...and a cheap rca tablet with a 7" screen. They both work great with the dji go app...either way you should be fine..

Reactions: P4_Swe
My iPhone 7 works well with DJI GO. I've been using it since the iPhone 7 was released.

Use what you have! Bigger screen could be preferred, but I would buy extra batteries or other accessories before you invest in a iPad for just flying. I have used 6s/6s+/7 and all work perfect.

One thing to consider is iPhone screen provides better image than iPads in sunlight glare. That’s a trade off of size vs image readability.

AND, you will be more happy with Litchi as your flying platform than DJI GO plus you can potentially avoid all the mandatory updates that have caused many problems. I've been flying Litchi since November with NO ISSUES and I have never been forced to do any sort of update!
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Litchi is a great third party app that many consider to be superior to DJI DO. Best part is you are t forced to do the continuous updates as in GO and in my experience I’ve only updated Litchi once and that was by choice, not forced on me. Litchi has a great feature in Waypoint Missions and in Mission Hub. I seldom fly FPV now as the missions are so much using Google maps to plot, modify, and fly that is about I fly now.
Best $24.00 you will spend on your drone!!!
Jim
WA5TE(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12