iPhone disconnected

Reaction score
Had my furthest flight today, about 2200ft over level terrain though some trees between me and quad.

Video got rough towards the end but came back. Was about 15-1600ft away at 250ft AGL when iPhone suddenly said 'disconnected'. I waited, moved, moved antenna orientation to no avail. Walked toward last known location of drone and it never reconnected....

Well, got nervous I lost my new gadget, but go figure, it was hovering right where the map said it last was. Decided to turn off the remote itself to try to re-establish a connection. As soon as remote got turned off the drone immediately did a RTH. When I turned remote back on it connected again immediately and announced the RTH initiation, so I just let it fly home. Landed within inches of home point flawlessly.

What happened? Was it just phone/display that lost connection tot he remote (because clearly the quad still had a signal from remote or it would have RTH)? Is correct way to reconnect to cycle app and cable connection to remote first?

This was somewhat frequent early on with the Inspire and Pilot App and best thing to do is just to let off the sticks, close app, kill the app, and then restart the app. No need to panic, so just keeping it in a hover while you reboot the app will keep you nice and safe. Couldn't tell you the exact reason but not something we see too often now. Apps are very stable.

Safe and happy flying! :)

Best,
Mike

This was somewhat frequent early on with the Inspire and Pilot App and best thing to do is just to let off the sticks, close app, kill the app, and then restart the app. No need to panic, so just keeping it in a hover while you reboot the app will keep you nice and safe. Couldn't tell you the exact reason but not something we see too often now. Apps are very stable.

Safe and happy flying! :)

Best,
Mike

Dear Mike, I am having this problem (3 times already with my Iphone 6).. I notice this was posted a few months ago....Nowadays, Is it an app problem? Killing the app and turning it on again will reconnect the aircraft to the app? Is there any othedr issues that might result in disconnecting while the aircraft is apparently in range? BTW, I am using CreatPros Apple Certified Short Lightning to USB Cable 13" long to connect. Please advise?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic