IPad mini retina questions

Reaction score
Does the live stream to YouTube just stream the video or does it include the osd like the shield does? Is the live feed on the tablet smooth as silk or does it have a little lag or chop to it? Anybody with one that is not getting disconnects like they are discussing in the other thread?

I only have 8 flights down with P3P and the iPad mini 2 wifi. I have no lag or experienced any issues or disconnects. I live in a country setting and don't fly near power lines or buildings. Also I load maps and then turn off wifi before flying.

I too have the iPad mini 2. No lag and have not had any connection issues. Have had the FPV drop out at very long distance a couple times. But the craft was still responding to the TX.

Does the live stream to YouTube just stream the video or does it include the osd like the shield does?

The live stream to YouTube from the Pilot App does not include the OSD.

Is the live feed on the tablet smooth as silk or does it have a little lag or chop to it? Anybody with one that is not getting disconnects like they are discussing in the other thread?

I'm not sure if you are still referring to the YouTube live stream or just in general but in general the feed from the Phantom does have a little lag, not a great deal, almost like watching something with 20 or perhaps 15 frames per second. I wouldn't perform brain surgery with it, but its good enough.

Had my first flight with a disconnect today, but I think it was caused by the iPad going in to sleep / switching the screen off. When I woke it back up the app was closed and I had to reload it, when it reloaded I got the 'do you trust this computer' prompt. I had left the controller while playing a game of football with the Phantom overhead. I have not experienced the problem until today and have had about 10 flights. Perhaps DJI need to ensure the app keeps the iPad awake, not sure.

I just have 4 - 5 flights with P3P, bought a refurbished iPad 2 mini Retina wifi only from eBay for $250 and have been extremely happy with the results... No lag, no intermittent stream, no jitter... Of course I've been using my iPhone with my P2V+, so the larger screen is perfect (full size iPad is too big and clunky)

I just have 4 - 5 flights with P3P, bought a refurbished iPad 2 mini Retina wifi only from eBay for $250 and have been extremely happy with the results... No lag, no intermittent stream, no jitter... Of course I've been using my iPhone with my P2V+, so the larger screen is perfect (full size iPad is too big and clunky)
It will cool for Ground Station when it comes out. I used an iPhone 5s with the P2 and that is not enough real estate to put in Waypoints easily.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic