Ipad mini 2 or ipad air

No matter, they work great, as it should be, for every one of us.
Too bad that other similar devices have their frailties and foibles. ;-)

There is never any fumbling or work arounds ever necessary, just plug and play (fly).

This stuff was meant to be fun, not create any turmoil.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: brianb87
Love the air 2. Once you have the big screen there's no going back. IMG_20151012_013727.jpg

For sure, certainly the Air 2 Cellular reigns supreme. ;-)

I wouldn't leave the ground or 'home', without it.

RedHotPoker

I tried an iPad mini 2, it just got too darn hot.
Traded up to an Air 2 64GB Cellular and never looked back. ;-)
The only device better, will be an iPad Air 3 128GB Cellular, when ever they release the beast, upon us.

RedHotPoker
Do you need to have cellular if you buy any iPad or can I just buy the WiFi model without a sim card? Thanks

Do you need to have cellular if you buy any iPad or can I just buy the WiFi model without a sim card? Thanks

You can buy either. If you would like to use follow me and other features, the cellular version would be the way to go. If not, wifi will work fine.

The only four reasons for desiring an iPad Air 2 with Cellular:
The Celluar model also has built in GPS module.
This is useful for changing the home point to the current radio location, if you like to move around some when you fly, which I do.
Also if you ever do insert a SIM card, you can then have the ability to transmit your live video feed in real time, to your YouTube channel. ;-)
But best of all, With the new App updates, we have some programs which provide autonomous flight. The Follow Me feature needs that built in GPS to stay in proximity to your slowly moving location.

That's all folks. You can always cache your flight area maps, without cellular. With a cellular network turned on, it's map view is live.

Hope that helps you get a clearer understanding why I love the awesome iPad Air 2 Cellular. And it is also the current ranking king, of ultimate device, known to Pilot our Phantom 3. With the very least troubled use.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj