Ipad mini 2 or ipad air

Its up to what size suits you.. I find the ipad mini 2 is a perfect size to sit on top of the tx, fpv, and gauge the quality of the pics youre taking at the time.

I've used both and run the iPad Air 2 now and like it better. It not only runs smoother, but the bigger screen is nicer and has 56% less glare than the mini.

Ipad Mini with retina, not only is it the perfect size on the controller its great for around the house too. basically think laying on the couch and the device is above your head and doesn't weigh a ton. i have owned both the regular Ipad and the mini as well. Mini wins.

Ive got both myself and one thing that put me off using the air was its in a lifeproof case and it adds a little to its dimensions and unfortunately too much to fit inside the stock p3 tx bracket. So if you plan on using a case for the air2 you'll need a very thin one or youll need to take it out of the case.

I've got both, and I now use the mini as a dedicated monitor for the P3. Great balance and size.

Hi
Which is the better for my phantom 3 advance?

The "better" device in terms of screen quality and overall performance is the iPad Air 2. Both the mini 2 and 3 are the exact same device knot difference being touchId and have slower cpu than the Air 2. I do prefer the size of the mini in some ways but the Air 2 would make for a nicer fpv experience. A new iPad mini 3 will be coming out in less than 2 months so I'd wait for that if you can. If not get the Air 2

Thanks all for your help..i prefer ipad mini for the size..but i wait for ipad mini 3..maybe it will be better..thnks anyway

What's this about a mini 3 coming out in 2 months?
I'm not sure why everyone has the numbering wrong, but the iPad mini 3 came out October of 2014. Apple generally releases new iPad models every year around October, so there will probably be an iPad mini 4 released this coming October. In two months.

I'm not sure why everyone has the numbering wrong, but the iPad mini 3 came out October of 2014. Apple generally releases new iPad models every year around October, so there will probably be an iPad mini 4 released this coming October. In two months.

Yep sounds right.. ipm3 was just a rip off too.. they'll definitely need to up the processor this time.

I will only use it for the Phantom--There's a $230 difference between the mini and the iPad air...Too much for my budget. (I'd probably rather buy another battery :)
its your call.. What if 1.5 fw is to much for the mini 2? The extra battery wont do you much good then.

I tried an iPad mini 2, it just got too darn hot.
Traded up to an Air 2 64GB Cellular and never looked back. ;-)
The only device better, will be an iPad Air 3 128GB Cellular, when ever they release the beast, upon us.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: brianb87
I tried an iPad mini 2, it just got too darn hot.
Traded up to an Air 2 64GB Cellular and never looked back. ;-)
The only device better, will be an iPad Air 3 128GB Cellular, when ever they release the beast, upon us.

RedHotPoker
same here, my mini 2 would lag and flicker after 10minutes!! I have my Air 2 through Verizon so I can upgrade at anytime (as soon as it comes out). I only have the 16gb Air2. I heard it has faster ram then the higher GB models. Not sure if this is true or not. I don't have anything to back that up so It could be completely false.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl