Ipad mini 2 no longer supported with DJI GO?

Reaction score
Hello.

I have DJI GO on an iPad mini 2.
Version 3.0.1.
When I try to upgrade to version 3.1.0 in AppStore I get the message: "DJI GO" is not compatible with iPad unit.

So 3.0.1 is the last version I can ever run on that iPad? Can someone confirm the same?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
Which version of iOS are you running?

Mini 2 is still on DJI's list of supported devices, even for the P4.
As Msinger alludes above, it's not supported by your older iOS version, rather than the Mini 2 hardware. You misinterpreted the message.
Upgrade your iOS version, and you should be able to install it.
IMG_5495.jpg

Last edited:
sawyer388, in addition to the devices listed above, you can find many other devices that are known to work well with DJI GO here.

iPad 4 is not on the "Recommended Devices" list above.

Yes, but the iPad4 has been working just fine right up until now.

It's still working quite nicely, it's just that evidently we can't update the DJI Go software anymore.

AD (iPad4 and a P4)

Yes, but the iPad4 has been working just fine right up until now.

It's still working quite nicely, it's just that evidently we can't update the DJI Go software anymore.

AD (iPad4 and a P4)
Lots of devices that are not recommended may work, but are not supported, and may stop working at any time. As the DJI Go app becomes more sophisticated, older devices can no longer keep up. The processors are just too slow for safe flight.

Mini 2 is still on DJI's list of supported devices, even for the P4.
As Msinger alludes above, it's not supported by your older iOS version, rather than the Mini 2 hardware. You misinterpreted the message.
Upgrade your iOS version, and you should be able to install it.
View attachment 68966

I have the latest iOS that the iPad Mini 2 can have.
But it won't let me upgrade to the latest GO version. So I guess it's no longer supported
I'm stuck with v 3.0.1

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am using ipad mini2 as well and it is working great so far. Running latest ios version, latest djigo app version, latest litchi app version and latest firmware update for p3s

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks for all confirmations, guys! :cool:
I'm going to use my currently unused Mini 2 as a test platform, from now on, for all new DJIGo Updates!

I have the latest iOS that the iPad Mini 2 can have.
Unfortunately, that doesn't answer the question. SPECIFICALLY, which version of iOS is currently installed on your Ipad Mini 2? As you've seen from the answers, Go 3.1.0 works fine on the Mini 2, iOS 10 and even some earlier versions so it definitely IS supported. Please tell us your iOS version (go to "Settings", then click on "General", then "About" and scroll down to the version number). The fact that you said "I have the latest iOS that the iPad Mini 2 can have." makes me think that you don't know what version of iOS is on your Mini 2. Also make sure you don't have so many saved pics/videos that you're out of room.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31