Ipad mini 1st Generation question

Reaction score
I used my ipad mini 1 so far with the phantom 4. There was never an error with incompatiblitiy, and I can fly with it.
However, I notice that the video signal is very choppy and when the copter moves I often see green/pink artifacts all over the screen (both with hardware decoding turned on or off).
Could it be that the hardware is not good enough for the DJI go app?

I consider upgrading to the ipad mini 2. Or alternatively, what is the cheapest android tablet that will run DJI GO and Litchi smoothly?

I researched this a bit and based on my budget i went for the ipad mini 2 cellular and have been quite pleased so far. I was using my samsung S4 before this and had no problems apart from size of screen.

The iPad Mini 1 is too slow to run DJI GO. The Google Nexus 7 (2013) is a good Android device. The Nvidia Shield K1 is an even better choice if you don't mind spending a little bit more.

You can find a list of other recommended and commonly used tablets here.

The iPad Mini 1 is too slow to run DJI GO. The Google Nexus 7 (2013) is a good Android device. The Nvidia Shield K1 is an even better choice if you don't mind spending a little bit more.

You can find a list of other recommended and commonly used tablets here.

Ok thanks. At the moment I bought litchi for iOS and the video stream looks better (on low quality setting) than in the DJI app. It's actually not bad, I think I can stick with the ipad mini 1 for a while until I find a cheap upgrade option. Since I don't need a tablet for anything else than the phantom, I don't want to spend more than the absolute minimum.

You can buy a used iPad mini 2. I bought one on CL for $100. I bought it specifically for flying, even though I already have a iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6. If you think about it, an extra set of battery would cost more than a good used iPad mini 2.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have for each of my DJIs it's own Mini 2-Cel bought on Ebay for approx. $150.00 average
Works perfect even in midday sun with well adapted Hoodi shades

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor