iPad Air 4

I fly my drone all the time on my older iPad mini. It all works fine. But when I try using my new iPad Air, it won’t connect at all. It will not connect to the remote control. Yes everything is plugged in and turned on. But it still shows at disconnected.
You stated you "didn't have the drone yet." NOW you DO have the drone??? So....which one is it??

Which iOS are you running on the iPad Mini and which iOS on the iPad Air? Which generation is the iPad Air? Do you have the drone or not?

D

Reactions: trevornewkirk
You stated you "didn't have the drone yet." NOW you DO have the drone??? So....which one is it??

Which iOS are you running on the iPad Mini and which iOS on the iPad Air? Which generation is the iPad Air? Do you have the drone or not?

D

You’re reading too fast, I said I didn’t have the drone on. But I was just trying to connect the RC. I’ve tried with the drone on also. Not sure how that matters though, as I’d like to see it connect to the RC first. Thanks for continuing to try to help!

Reactions: Harleydude
trevornewkirk - thanks for the answer.
Harleydude - the drone is connected to the controller. The tablet is connected to the controller. it doesn't work anyway. Tomorrow will send the video.

Reactions: trevornewkirk
You’re reading too fast, I said I didn’t have the drone on.
You mean you didn't have the drone POWERED on? Well why didn't you just say so? "Done on" the table? "Drone on" the floor? "Drone on" a chair? Please be clearer with your language. These are technical questions, issues and problems that require clear, concise, technical language to solve. I make every effort to be VERY clear with my language. If you want this problem solved, you need to VOLUNTEER ALL pertinent information and be absolutely clear with your language. I've asked you about your iOS a couple times - still with no answer. I told you to depress the "Enter Device" soft button. No response to that. If you try this, it will take you to the next screen regardless of connection status. If THIS screen doesn't work, then I think we can assert that something is wrong with the iPad or the software (called "app" by kids these days).

But I was just trying to connect the RC. I’ve tried with the drone on also. Not sure how that matters though, as I’d like to see it connect to the RC first.
Does the iPad 4 connect to other devices? Like say your computer? Did you purchase the iPad 4 new or used? Is there a possibility the data port is broken or disabled? Obviously, your RC works, as it connected to your iPad Mini. And you have tried several cables. So we can rule that out. Next is to test the "app" independent of other devices. What tests have you conducted to confirm the data port is even passing data?

Thanks for continuing to try to help!
You bet. I'd like to see you raise your diligence level a notch or two.

D

The latest software in iPad. iOS 14.4
The latest software in Phantom
The drone is on. Ready to work.
Tablet from official distribution. New.
Ipad connects to the PC. Other applications work fine.
I tried 6 cables
Apps for displaying the screen 2 on the tablet via cable are working fine.
Inspore II controller - the dji go 4 application works fine on this iPad
Controller from mavic 2 - the dji go 4 application works fine on this iPad
I clicked "Enter Device" - a black screen is displayed and no telemetry.
on the top bar - disconnected

and upload movi

Reactions: Harleydude
The latest software in iPad. iOS 14.4
The latest software in Phantom
The drone is on. Ready to work.
Tablet from official distribution. New.
Ipad connects to the PC. Other applications work fine.
I tried 6 cables
Apps for displaying the screen 2 on the tablet via cable are working fine.
Inspore II controller - the dji go 4 application works fine on this iPad
Controller from mavic 2 - the dji go 4 application works fine on this iPad
I clicked "Enter Device" - a black screen is displayed and no telemetry.
on the top bar - disconnected

and upload movi
Thank you for the data and video. For future reference, "latest software" is not usually a good answer. Give version numbers. Like this:

=====================

INSPIRE-1, GEN 2

Go App: v3.1.1
App database: v00.00.01.04
Aircraft: v1.8.1.00
Remote: v1.6
X3 Camera: v1.8.1
X5 Camera: v1.11.1.50

=====================

Your Gen 4 Air is not compatible.

D

Each application is not compatible with the Phantom series controller.
Probably the output signal on the USB port is too weak.
I think the back exit module needs to be changed.
I'm still checking the matter with my local DJI dealer
The DJI GO 4 app itself works fine with any other drone.
I checked with AUTEL EVO II and it also works fine.

This is not the fault of the application.
it is the fault of the controller.
On the same tablet with DJI Inspire II works fine
On the same tablet with DJI Inspire I works fine
On the same tablet with DJI Mavic 2 works fine
The app for the DJI Inspire II and Mavic 2 is identical - DJI GO 4

trevornewkirk - Connect the phantom to the Inspire I controller and it will work properly with Ipad Air 4

This is not the fault of the application.
it is the fault of the controller.
On the same tablet with DJI Inspire II works fine
On the same tablet with DJI Inspire I works fine
On the same tablet with DJI Mavic 2 works fine
The app for the DJI Inspire II and Mavic 2 is identical - DJI GO 4

trevornewkirk - Connect the phantom to the Inspire I controller and it will work properly with Ipad Air 4
?

Hello friends,
I had the same problem with my ipad air
I finally found the solution to this troublesome problem, after many searches on the net and after finding nothing ..
If anyone still has the problem I would be happy to help..

Reactions: MTO
Hello friends,
I finally found the solution to this troublesome problem, after many searches on the net and after finding nothing ..
i have the same problem, can you help me?

Hello friends,

I'm having the same issue with my 11" iPad Pro. The first screen says "disconnected" then I get a black screen when I click "Enter Device". The only activity on that screen is the map is working. I've been using this iPad and others for a few years with no problem. I went about a month without flying then had this problem when I tried to use it one day. Something else that I find strange is in the upper right hand corner it says "Not charging". I can disconnect the iPad from the controller then connect my iPhone 12. That works fine.

Hello friends,
can you share the solution on the forum?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic